continous trading

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: continous trading

Postby Apprentice » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:09 pm

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 1672.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 am

continous trading simple v3.lua
(86.84 KiB) Downloaded 385 times

Try this version.
Apprentice

Postby RENKOTRADER » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:30 pm

It appears that you have deleted the command to remove entry order after the stop position is touched. Unfortunately this is only half the problem. I will try to give a simple example: The strategy is started with a sell direction selected. If the limit is touched a new sell order is generated. This works perfectly. If the stop is touched we must presume that the market direction is changing therefore we must generate a BUY order, but instead, your strategy automatically regenerates a new SELL order. This could be due to the fact that the strategy is still runnuing with the sell direction selected. It would seem that a specific trend reversal command should be associated with the stop and the direction selection. If this task can be incorporated you will have a very workable strategy which unfortunately is still not the case at this moment. I look forward to version 4.
RENKOTRADER

Postby RENKOTRADER » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Upon further reflection and considering that this strategy is simply to stop and continue in the same direction at limit levels and to stop and reverse to the opposite direction at stop levels, therefore why do you need to generate an entry order at all. If your command is to stop and reverse at the stop level even if the trend reverses a second time your new stop level will allow you to reverse back to the original trading direction. It would appear that the entry order is an unnecessary complication.
RENKOTRADER

Postby RENKOTRADER » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:00 am

Sirs,
I have tried to give you simple examples to explain the problem with the stop and reverse command, however, I understand that you are programmers and not traders so if your require further information please contact me directly and I will gladly assist you. Thank you
RENKOTRADER

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Development reference 1740.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:19 am

continous trading simple v4.lua
(86.81 KiB) Downloaded 394 times

Try this version.
Apprentice

Postby RENKOTRADER » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:40 pm

After real trade testing of four versions all I can say is CONGRATULATIONS team you have finally made it. We now have a limit order which generates a continuation market order and a stop order which generates a market reversal order. This is all I needed. Well done.
There is a minor change required in respect to the pending entry orders. Unless otherwise mistaken, with this strategy now they seem to be superflous due to the fact that they have no trading function. I manually delete the pending entry orders after the market order execution and this hasn't effected the functionability of the strategy. Therefore, if you would be so kind as to delete the command to generate both pending entry orders and their subsequent removals I think we will have a viable day trading price action strategy.
Thanking you for your efforts
RENKOTRADER

Postby RENKOTRADER » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:25 am

The version 4 of this strategy generates an entry order just below the stop position. This entry order was initially programmed to reverse the position after the stop, however, the stop command has now been changed to execute a reversal order autormatically, therefore the entry order has no trading function and is no longer required. At present this entry order also executes a reversal order which multiplies the number of lots traded. This multiplication of lots could be extremely negative therefore I request that this entry order function be deleted from the strategy as soon as possible.

Thankyou in advance
RENKOTRADER

Postby Apprentice » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:53 am

Development reference 1857.
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies