continous trading

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: continous trading

Postby RENKOTRADER » Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 am

Sirs,
Would it be possible to have this strategy with a option for either the Martingale increase volume structure or a fixed designated lot size only. Thankyou
RENKOTRADER

Postby Apprentice » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:23 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 1406.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:40 am

continous trading.lua
(87 KiB) Downloaded 444 times

Try this version.
Apprentice

Postby RENKOTRADER » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 am

Dear Sirs,
I have been testing this strategy and wish to offer a real trading feedback. The strategy seems to function at the right settings correctly, however, your lot multiplicator is totally haywire. I personally do not agree with multiplying lots, using excesssive capital to recuperate an initial minimum loss, which I consider to be bad money management. Therefore I placed the lot multificator to 1.0 (1Lot times 1.0 multiplicator should equal 1 lot traded with no multification). The Following events were noted whilst trading EURSTX50 this morning:
08:09-market order bought 2 lots successful
08:09 entry order sell 2 lots on stop successful
10:08 entry order buy 4 lots on stop successful
11:24 market order bought 4 lots successful
11:24 market order bought 4 lots successful
11:24 entry order sell 4 lots on stop successful
I do not understand how all these orders can be placed with a 1.0 miltiplicator, therefore could you please try to fix this problem or alternatively offer me the same startegy without any multiplication.
I thank you in advance for your efforts
RENKOTRADER

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:37 am

Development reference 1570.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 am

continous trading simple.lua
(86.8 KiB) Downloaded 429 times

Try this version.
Apprentice

Postby RENKOTRADER » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Mario,
Thank you for the simple version of the continuos trading strategy. We are slowly getting there, however, there are still major problems. Once you start the strategy it will generate a market order and an entry order on a stop. If you maintain the strategy overnight it will only remove previous entry orders but will not generate new orders. The rules of continous trading state that the strategy should generate a new continual order in the market direction after the limit has been broken and a counter trend order if the stop has been broken. Your stategy doesn't generate these orders. In deleting the multiplicator it would appear that the continuation has also been removed. All I require is a simple continual trading strategy without any multification factor and based on the KISS trading concept. "KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STUPID" and my trading technique will tahe care of the profits.
Many thanks for your efforts and further assistance.
RENKOTRADER

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:34 am

Development reference 1601.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 am

continous trading simple v2.lua
(86.43 KiB) Downloaded 419 times

Try this version.
Apprentice

Re: continuos trading

Postby RENKOTRADER » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:12 am

I have traded this strategy over the last two weeks continuosly and confirm that the orders are all generated correctly, however I have found a small flaw which I request that you rectify:
Once a limit order is touched the strategy sequence is to close out the existing order, remove the previous reversal entry order, generate a new reversal entry order and then generate a new market order in the same direction. This is exactly what should happen. Once a stop order is touched the strategy requires that the reversal entry order be executed in order to reverse the trading direction, however and due to the strategy sequence, once the existing order has been stopped out the reversal entry order is also removed therefore cannot be ececuted because it no longer exists. The strategy therefore generates a new reversal entry order and market order but in the same trading direction as prevoiusly traded rather than a reversal in the opposite direction. This can be easily rectified by placing the stop order and the reversal entry order at the same price rather than having a one pip difference. This would allow the entry order to be executed, which would reverse the trading direction, and then a new entry order could be generated.
Thanking you in advance for your swift reaction
RENKOTRADER

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies