getting historical data is a pain

Moderator: Moderator

Re: getting historical data is a pain

Postby frAnton » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 am

Ekaterina wrote:Hi Anton,

Could you please, tell me which version of ForexConnenct do you use? The last version is 1.2.2. If you have another one, please download the new version from here and try your code.

Bets regards,
Ekaterina

Hi Ekaterina,

I'm using the latest version.
I did some research and found that the 1 week USD/SEK time frame was always missing. It seems taht server does not return it at all.
My app should receive 120 instruments/timeframes from the server on a start up, but instead it's getting 119 and cannot proceed further because of dataset is incomplete.

Please advise.

thanks,
Anton.
frAnton

Postby Ekaterina » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 am

Hi Anton,

We have checked the getting history functionality for the USD/SEK instrument on different environments and it works correctly.

For now, we have a suggestion for you to simplify your sample, i.e. instead of requesting 120 instruments/timeframes at once, try to request only one instrument "USD/SEK".

If after this the problem with the instrument (USD/SEK) disappears, please let me know.

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

Postby frAnton » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Ekaterina,

I cannot get only one instrument, sorry. The algorithm I am using assumes that it should have a matrix of measurements across the market.

However, I have patched my client to ignore USD/SEK for a wile and was able to proceed.
Today I removed the patch and it seems that the issue was addressed and server returns USD/SEK just fine.
So far so good.
I will keep an eye on this issue for a wile making sure the data is getting through from teh server.

thanks,
Anton.
frAnton

Postby Ekaterina » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 am

Hi Anton,

I am glad the problem is solved now. Yes, please keep us informed if the issue arise again!

I have a kind of request for you if the issue appears again. Could you please ignore some other pair than USD/SEK and leave USD/SEK in the request with all other pairs. And check whether USD/SEK pair will be returned or not. Thank you!

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

Previous

Return to ForexConnect API