Initial Help / Server?

Moderator: Moderator

Initial Help / Server?

Postby GhostTyper » Thu May 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Hello,

I'm new to forex trading via api and have quite a hard time to get some things sane for me. I did some research on the questions I'm asking now but I guess these questions should be just simple to answer for you guys.

I realized that I (ofc) need an account to use FC API. So my first approach was to create a demo account on FXCM. Then I tried to use this account with MetaTrader 4 as a test on the server "FXCM-EURDemo01". This didn't work. So I created a new account within Metatrader for this server (EURDemo01).

Metatrader then started to work. When I try to login via ForexConnect API I get an error. I tried the username/password combination I got via MetaTrader and tried various combinations for the url (mostlay something with Server mt4d02.fxcorporate.com, which I found for EURDemo01) and also different strings for the connection parameter.

Anything (except of "Connecting" and "Disconnecting") I get back is a error message: "ORA-499: Unable to obtain station descriptor. HTTP send request failed object=... errorCode=12029".

Well, I guess it's no programming mistake. I think I need a little help understanding which server(s) or other parameters I need to use, etc.

What I want to achieve: I (at this moment) just want to connect somewhere and get the current EUR/USD course and plot this live to a window. Maybe there are some anonymous accounts/servers which I can use and maybe I even don't need FXCM.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for my bad english and this noob question(s).
GhostTyper

Re: Initial Help / Server?

Postby Julia CJ » Fri May 06, 2016 4:45 am

Hi GhostTyper,

Thank you for the information.

To understand why this error comes out, please answer some questions.

Could you specify the login parameters? Which connection do you use?
Does this login work in TS?
You can send more detailed description to my e-mail:ycherepanova@gehtsoft.com.
Julia CJ

Postby GhostTyper » Fri May 06, 2016 6:51 am

Hi Julia CJ,

thank you for your fast reply.

Detailed information:

I'm using the current version of the .NET API (x64, 4.0) and I mainly followed the tutorial:

Code: Select all
session = O2GTransport.createSession();
listener = new ForexStatusListener();
session.subscribeSessionStatus(listener);
session.login(userName, password, "http://mt4d02.fxcorporate.com/Hosts.jsp", "Demo");

I tried for the parameters "http://mt4d02.fxcorporate.com/Hosts.jsp" and "Demo" different things, including https, With or without Hosts.jsp, for "Demo" also Real, the speaking name of the server (EURDemo01), etc.

I send you the username and password for the demo-account i created over MT4 via email just in case you want to try it by your self.
GhostTyper

Postby Julia CJ » Fri May 06, 2016 8:45 am

GhostTyper,

Thank you for the description and for the information from your letter.
We need some time to figure out the reason of the issue. I will let you know about the result as soon as possible.
Julia CJ

Postby GhostTyper » Fri May 06, 2016 8:58 am

Hi Julia CJ,

thank you.

I want to clarify: I guess it's not a problem with your API. I think it's just a Problem that I don't know which server/URL I shall use exactly to access FXCM-EURDemo01 correctly. If you don't have time to investigate I also can contact FXCM support.

However, it would be a good idea to include this information in the howto, cause I think that more newbies will use this API with a FXCM server.

regards.
GhostTyper

Postby GhostTyper » Fri May 06, 2016 11:53 am

Hi Julia CJ,

I solved the problem. I don't know how to connect to FXCM-EURDemo01 but I can use the regular demo-account of FXCM with that login-sequence:

Code: Select all
session.login(userName, password, "http://www.fxcorporate.com/Hosts.jsp", "Demo");

userName and password must be the Account credentials from the demo-account of the page. An account created over MT4 doesn't work here.

This ofc sounds really dumb, but I don't know why this didn't work yesterday cause I tested this special case.

regards.
GhostTyper

Return to ForexConnect API