Problem: ForexConnect and VS 15

Moderator: Moderator

Problem: ForexConnect and VS 15

Postby Tullius » Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I have a problem to connect the API and VS 15.

I have tried the following procedure:

http://fxcodebase.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_Start_Using_ForexConnect_.NET_API_(Win32/Win64)

The problem is the post build event line:

copy "C:\Program Files\Candleworks\ForexConnectAPI\bin\*.*" "$(TargetDir)"

When i create the project VS shows an error message: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(4714,5): error MSB3073:

When i try to copy all files from the bin folder to my project folder i get also an error.
Tullius

Re: Problem: ForexConnect and VS 15

Postby Tullius » Sat May 20, 2017 10:10 am

The first problem is solved.

The correct path is ForexConnectAPIx64 instead of simply ForexConnectAPI.

Now the next obstacle. In VS 2015 the code appears correct (no error messages) but when i run the build it throws "System.IO.FileNotFoundException". The is caused because of a missing "fxcore2.dll" or dependence. The fxcore2 is in place. I have checked it (My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists...) and it is registered. But what is the "dependence" ?
Tullius

Re: Problem: ForexConnect and VS 15

Postby ghost_lynx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:08 am

Hello, Tullius.

> But what is the "dependence" ?
DLL's from C:\Program Files\Candleworks\ForexConnectAPIx64\bin\ and C:\Program Files\Candleworks\ForexConnectAPIx64\bin\net\dotnet40\msvcr100.dll
are dependencies of fxcore2.dll.

Assembly fxcore2.dll should be added to your project as a dependency.
Open a Solution Explorer. To access Solution Explorer, select Solution Explorer on the View menu. Click on your project in Solution Explorer and expand one, then right click on the "Dependencies", choose "Add Reference" item in the context menu. Click on the "Browse..." button, then find and select fxcore2.dll (C:\Program Files\Candleworks\ForexConnectAPIx64\bin\net\dotnet40\fxcore2.dll) and add one to project dependencies.

Copy all DLLs from C:\Program Files\Candleworks\ForexConnectAPIx64\bin\ and C:\Program Files\Candleworks\ForexConnectAPIx64\bin\net\dotnet40\ to ${TargetDir}
(target dir is a directory where will be placed your build application).

Then build the project and run it.
ghost_lynx

Return to ForexConnect API