Price MA Cross Alert

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Price MA Cross Alert

Postby DAVIDR » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:35 am

Thank You, thats great.
DAVIDR

Postby dstoltz » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:13 pm

http://screencast.com/t/2zM5nfTAN

http://screencast.com/t/JSkKUPQEip (My Attempt)

With my limited programming abilities, I am trying to duplicate the chart covered by the first link.
TMA(12) highs
TMA(12) lows
Close crosses above TMA_highs =buy
Close crosses below TMA_lows = sell
I would like visual popup alerts and arrow alerts (down arrow above high of candle and up arrows at low of candles.

I'm close with my attempt, but I'm sure it could be relatively easy to make it shine.

Doug
Attachments
TOS_charts.png
What I would like on FXCM TS2
dstoltz

Postby HappyFox8 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:18 pm

The price cross alert (original version) does not work for detecting a touch of the MA. It only works after closure of the candle. I am finding that when I set it to "touch" it still waits for the candle to close before sending an alert. I need it to send an alert as soon as the MA is touched on a one minute timeframe.
HappyFox8

Postby Apprentice » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:55 am

Can you specify exact indicator name, version.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby HappyFox8 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:54 am

I have tried both MA Price Cross Signal and MTF Price MA Signal. The original versions of each. I cannot find any later versions of either strategy. These strategies are essentially the same & neither provide an alert response in a one minute time frame when the MA is touched. Both do not respond until the bar closes.
HappyFox8

Postby Apprentice » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:07 am

Compatibility issue Fix.
_Alert helper is not longer needed.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby HappyFox8 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:29 am

Many thanks. It seems to be working perfectly.

I notice that there is no longer an option for us to set the alert to sound after a bar closes. There are also times when I would like to able set the alert to sound only after the candle closes. Is it possible to put this option back so that we can choose between touch (instantaneous) & close?

I also notice that there is no longer an option to specify the timeframe in which the moving average is applied. I would like to be able to set the alert up in a specific timeframe, then be able to move between other timeframes without this changing the alert. For example the alert might be set in an hourly timeframe, but I am mainly viewing the chart in 1 & 5 minutes.
HappyFox8

Postby HappyFox8 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:58 am

I am finding that sometimes the alert sounds & sometimes it doesn't. I am thinking that it is to do with the options "live" & "end of turn". I have played around with both of them but cannot figure out what each does. I currently have the alert set to "live" & it seems random when it decides to sound. Many times the MA is crossed without a response. Could you please explain. Thanks.
HappyFox8

Postby Paul W » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:50 pm

Price Averages Cross Alert.lua appears not to support tick chart use

could you please enhance

Thanks
Paul W
FXCodeBase: Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators