Slope Direction Line

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Slope Direction Line (Update)

Postby cersoz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:02 am

anyone can add line thhickness/style options to this indicator
cersoz

Postby adloule » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:31 am

hi,
could you please add alert when color change ?
thanks
adloule

Postby Apprentice » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:57 am

Slope_Direction_Line with Alert.lua Added.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby trdheat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:30 am

I have question about the indicator (indicator in first post).

Is it repaint or not (the uptrend and dntrend component, single stream=no) for example after close hour candle for period=2 or another period ? I have observe for in action candle changes between two components, this is natural because the candle it is in action. But after close there are entries in components with same price and other entries with one price in component (uptrend) and nothing in other (dntrend) and vice versa

Furthermore, in table view there are empty entries for uptrend or dntrend, is it possible to change this to zero? I mean empty entry -> 0. I need that for export to excel.In excel there are too empty entries.
trdheat

Re: Slope Direction Line

Postby Apprentice » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:21 am

Will only repaint current bar, previous will not be affected.

As for the second issue, indicator is encoded at a time when only one line color was available.
We can write single stream indicator.
Apprentice

Postby trdheat » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:05 pm

Apprentice, thank you for your reply.

I try solve the situtation with empty entries with a mva period = 1 per component. Now its ok, there are zeros instead empty entries.

My interesting is in components uptrend and dntrend. How about repaint in components?

Furthermore, i observe repaint (see the images). For period 2 and 3 there is repaint in components and in color of indicator.Ι left to run and after few minutes calculate again. I choose 1min data for fast test. If i choose open price for source, there is not repaint. Only for close, high, low, median, typical and weighted there is problem.

I assume (if not repaint case) the problem is the platform. Maybe if after each close the bar recalculate the indicator, the problem solved. What do you think?

As i said, my interesting is in components. Is it possible fix the problem of repaint?
Attachments
imag_bef.png
before
imag_aft.png
after
trdheat

Postby trdheat » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:25 pm

There is a mistake about images, sorry. But you can see only the components of period = 2. There is two same in period = 3, two dntrend.
trdheat

Postby Apprentice » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:59 am

Interests, did you try to set Single Stream yes.
Apprentice

Postby trdheat » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45 am

No repaint in single stream yes, only for single stream no.

I'm in interesting for components. Is there exist repaint in principale (i mean in code) for components?

Assumed no repaint code. As i said, maybe the auto recalculate the indicator for each hour (for example in case of 1 hour data source) solve the problem. Is it possible this modification?

In general, what do you thing?
trdheat

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators