Closed Trades table - Keep more than 1 Day request

Section for discussions related to indicators, use of indicators, and building of trading stategies using indicators.

Moderator: admin

Closed Trades table - Keep more than 1 Day request

Postby LordTwig » Sun May 19, 2013 2:22 am

Hi,

I request if possible to have the Closed Trades table to be able to keep more than 1 days closed trade data. 30 days minimum would be my preferred option, or longer if possible

Reasoning,
1) It makes sense for traders to be able to see closed trades of more than a day old because trader may have opened trades, trade is then closed by Stop/Limit/MC, but trader does not login for a day and all he see's is that the opened trades are no longer in the Open Trades Table and also not in the Closed Trades Table because it has been longer than a day since trade was exited/stopped. Trader is Concerned as to what has happened to his/her opened trades!!!

2) Trader does not have to do a report download to see closed trades older than 1 day to verify what happened to a 'opened trade' that closed more than a day ago if trader has not logged in to check on trades that day.

3) Lets assume trades table is reset at time 00:00:00 Trader had a trade 'close out' at 23:59:00 (ie 1 minute before reset time) trader logs in at 00:30:00 Closed trade of 31 min ago is not in Closed Trades Table. What happened to the opened trade??? the trader thinks!!

4) Trader/Programmer of strategies has more easier access to recently closed trades over a longer time period to obtain and use results/data, rather than having to use persistant storage or file save/recall.

5) I, as I believe many traders, like to easily peruse and see what their last trades have been and the results of trades even longer than 1 day.

6) Showing closed trades of ONLY 1 DAY is pretty silly.... really.....!!

Actually....also,
It would also be good to be able to store simple values in the trades table so that they can be remembered and called upon by strategy as and when required. ie; I want to keep a count of trades opened, or set a closed period value, or keep count of how many consecutive losing trades, or some other useful simple value, so that when trader logs out and back in data can be read and continue to be used in strategies that rely on such a value.
Can this be done/implemented :?:
Cheers
LordTwig
LordTwig
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Closed Trades table - Keep more than 1 Day request

Postby hiepbg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:27 am

Agree with you.
hiepbg

Postby Georgiy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:32 am

Hello All!

Thank you for the suggestion.
It was added to the development wish-list.
Georgiy
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby hiepbg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:28 am

Great! Thank you.
hiepbg

Keep Close trades in Close Trades table more than 1 day

Postby hiepbg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:38 am

Hello,

I have the same idea with this post:

Currently, I'm using a method that counts close trades in close trades table to control my loss. If you can make it stays longer in close trades table, it will help me verymuch. It need to keep in table atleast 3 days, or 7days to make a lot more advantage for control our trades.
I think it's worth and easy to change.

Thank you.
hiepbg

Return to Discussions