Range With Alert

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Range With Alert

Postby Apprentice » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Range With Alert.png

Range will give you range from Certain starting point.
It can be Open, High, Low or Close of Current or previous candle.
U can use Chart or any Higher time frame.
Range would could be defined as +/- X Pips, ATR or Percentage.
Range With Alert.lua
(13.32 KiB) Downloaded 1518 times

This indicator provides Audio / Email Alerts if and when Price cross over/under one of the two defined levels.
Dec 29, 2015: Compatibility issue Fix. _Alert helper is not longer needed.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Range With Alert

Postby hautecompany » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Fricken Awesome!!!!!!!!

I'll play around with it the next few days and kick any feed back. Nice job
hautecompany

Postby hautecompany » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:40 am

1)Its great how you have the bars set up for projecting out each time frame. Its just awesome. I have a 1, 5, 15, 1h, 4h all running the same time. Its totally cool how they stack on top of each other.

2)The Percentage thing isnt working or I dont know how you have it set up. No big deal....probably lost in translation. :D . What I wanted was the ability to take say the atr for a time frame and then create multiple lines. If you were just using the range projection vs one time frame this would enable you to run support/resistance lines at the ATR(100% already programed), and say the 150%ATR, 200% ATR. So 3 resistance lines and 3 support lines all with different colors or line strength(solid, doted etc)
3)Could we please add shading between the ranges.
4)The alert function isn't working. It kicks out an error when it should go off. I have alert downloaded. Do I need something else running?
5)I included a picture of how it looks on my screen in my MIAMI Template

6)This is so awesome! Thanks so much!
:mrgreen:
Attachments
USDJPY RANGE projection.png
1 min chart using 1,5,15min and 1h, 4hr ATR range projections
hautecompany

Postby Apprentice » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 am

I added ATR Multiplier.
As for errors, do u use Dev. Version of TS.
Do u Have Activ _Alert.
Apprentice

Postby hautecompany » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Could we please add the option to show the historical range?

I think it would look much like HL1M except it would only show horizontal lines. So a 15 min candle chart would show two horizontal lines intersecting the candle, or being above or below it or some combination. Basically each historical projection should not appear like a point in time.

Another line in the parameters that asks to show all historical, or previous( period back), or blank so the user can type in the number of periods like 5.

Thanks.
hautecompany

Postby Apprentice » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice

Postby AzaMartin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:44 am

Hi,

I really like this indicator, does exactly what I need and looks very nice, thank you very much for creating it. However would it be possible to add LOW/HIGH to "Price Source" so the ATR is calculated from the low AND the high in each direction.

I know Low and High are already present although you can only select one, therefore if price makes a high, then a low, and is now moving higher, you would need to change the "Price Source" to "LOW". The top ATR Line is the correct distance away from the low, however the bottom ATR Line is calculated also from the low, so it is the ATR + the move lower it has already made. Therefore if price moves back lower you would then need to change "Price Source" to "HIGH" to get the ATR Line calculated from the high, and keep changing the "Price Source" each time the direction changes.

So would it be possible to add LOW/HIGH so the top ATR Line is calculate from the low and the bottom ATR Line is calculated from the high.

Many Thanks
Aza
AzaMartin

Postby AzaMartin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:19 am

Cheers Mate, Perfect.

I sent you a little donation to say thanks.

Aza
AzaMartin

Postby AzaMartin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 am

I really like the indicator so far, however would it be possible to add a "Historical" option, to be able to show the indicator on all previous sessions, other than just the current day. Therefore we could see how price has reacted to it previously.

Many thanks
Aza
AzaMartin

Next

Return to Custom Indicators