Strategy Runner 1.0 has been released

Moderator: Moderator

Strategy Runner 1.0 has been released

Postby Konstantin.Toporov » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Strategy Runner is a new lightweight application to run strategies.
The application can be run on Windows and Linux and able to do live trading via Forex Connect.
Both standard and custom strategies can be used.
There details are on the application page.
We appreciate your feedback.
Konstantin.Toporov
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Re: Strategy Runner 1.0 has been released

Postby Cactus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi. I think this is great. Solves many issues with running multiple strategies in FXTS.
I shall test it extensively and report any problems found and provide feedback suggestions if anything comes to mind. Thank you.

Just a note for potential users, since you say it utilises Forex Connect... There is another application posted on forums in "History database" thread in General Discussions called "GetHistPricesGUI". When I was first trying to use it I was encountering the following error:
Code: Select all
19915;DAS 19915: ZDas Exception
ORA-20003: Access denied
ORA-06512: at "G10R1.API", line 443
ORA-06512: at line 1

In order to fix it I have contacted FXCM to uplift restriction to allow the account to connect to ForexConnectAPI-1.4.1 and then it worked. I don't know if this would apply to this application as well but perhaps someone might find it useful if that were to happen...

I've one question, is there any other configuration file arguments which are not listed in documentation or samples folder? Are there any restrictions with the console version? Can it provide alert popup boxes the same way, etc? I know I should try it out first before asking no worries. Do you recommend always running as admin? I will begin using it soon, cheers
Never chase the money, let the money come to me
Cactus
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Konstantin.Toporov » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:22 am

I've one question, is there any other configuration file arguments which are not listed in documentation or samples folder?

There is no secret parameters, all the fields are listed (and will be in the future) on the product wiki page.

Are there any restrictions with the console version?

What kind of restriction do you mean?

Can it provide alert popup boxes the same way, etc?

Unfortunately no, Strategy Runner does not have GUI interface on external network connection (to email for example), so the only way to get alerts - read the application console output.

Do you recommend always running as admin?

It should not be an issue, the app works well under regular account.
Konstantin.Toporov

Postby Cactus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Konstantin.Toporov wrote:What kind of restriction do you mean?

Oh didn't have anything particular in mind, just anything I should be aware of. Great then.

Unfortunately no, Strategy Runner does not have GUI interface on external network connection (to email for example), so the only way to get alerts - read the application console output.

Ok. And what is the "alerts" in output?
Code: Select all
Uptime 19:27 minutes, prices 21775, orders 0, alerts 0

If I configure an alert in my strategy it will show how many times it was triggered I presume.

So no alert boxes or e-mails. But if the strategy calls upon another file (for example a batch file is run every time a trade is made) with lua os.execute then it should still perform isn't it.

My new question is in the sample config file one can see "." in "QM_HISTORY_PATH=." What does the dot signify exactly? Current path? And what is the proper way to provide a path, is it just a folder? For example C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\whatever or with double backslash C:\\Users\\Maciej\\Desktop\\here or put in quotes ""?

Is closing windows (x) same as terminating? I presume so as can't see any running processes after pressing [X]. Is holding ctrl + c the same as choosing Y at the Y/N prompt after CTRL+C is pressed once strategy is running, because it closes the window just by holding ctrl+c

Sorry if these questions are silly
Never chase the money, let the money come to me
Cactus
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Konstantin.Toporov » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Ok. And what is the "alerts" in output?

How many times terminal:alert was called from the strategy.

My new question is in the sample config file one can see "." in "QM_HISTORY_PATH=." What does the dot signify exactly? Current path?

It is place to store a local cache. The dot means the working directory, yes.

And what is the proper way to provide a path, is it just a folder? For example C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\whatever or with double backslash C:\\Users\\Maciej\\Desktop\\here or put in quotes ""

It depends on OS but for Windows one backslash is enough.

Is closing windows (x) same as terminating? I presume so as can't see any running processes after pressing [X]. Is holding ctrl + c the same as choosing Y at the Y/N prompt after CTRL+C is pressed once strategy is running, because it closes the window just by holding ctrl+c

Any way to close the window terminates the strategy.
Konstantin.Toporov

Postby Loggy48 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:42 am

This looks very interesting Konstantin and would enable me to be free of a Windoze environment completely.

A few questions:

0) Can SR run on standard FXCM accounts both real and demo?

1) If it can, can I also have MarketScope screen open to display the trades (same intrument, same timeframe)?

2) If so, can trades be modified, close, etc from MarketScope (requiring appropriate handling by the parent platform)?

3) What modification to strategies and indicators are required?

4) Is any other software required - eg SQLite?

5) What version of Lua does SR require (and LuaJIT)?
Loggy48

Postby Loggy48 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Hmm.

I installed the Linix x86_64 version in an up-to-date Ubuntu 16.04 LTS system.

I ran each of the shells in turn just to see what happens!

They all report they can't find libindicore.python.so

Which is not in the tree.

Am I missing something?
Loggy48

Postby Konstantin.Toporov » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 am

Looks like dev output remained in the version.
Did the program stop after this message?
Konstantin.Toporov

Postby Loggy48 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am

It does run and produces alerts on buy and sell.

0) Is is possible to load OHLC data into a database or read into the program for backtesting?

1) Is there any log output such as is usually produced by a strategy?
Loggy48

Postby Konstantin.Toporov » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:32 am

0) this program is not intended for the backtesting. You can use ConsoleBacktester program from IndicoreSDK.

1) It writes the strategy traces and events to standard output. If you need them in a file just redirect the program output.
Konstantin.Toporov

Next

Return to Strategy Runner