New PIVOT indicator

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: New PIVOT indicator

Postby sunshine » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:11 am

gg_frx wrote:there is one minor bug in the pivot official realese
Whit the new release of TSII on january i take a fresh install of the package, so i used the new pivot indicator but in historic mode lines are plotted in black and with black background they are not visible. With beta version of the indicator the lines are plotted with original colors.

Hi,
Could you please tell me which skin and color scheme you use?
You can check them in Options (File -> Options):
op1.PNG

Also can I ask you to save your layout with all elements and settings and send it to support@gehtsoftusa.com? It will greatly help to understand the reason of the issue. To save a layout:
  1. On the File menu, point to Layouts and then click Save Layout.
  2. Type a name for the layout and click Save.
  3. On the File menu point to Layouts and then click Manage Layouts.
  4. Click Export.
  5. Choose the folder for saving your layout and click Save.
sunshine

Postby Pip Slap » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:15 am

I was looking for the pivot indicator in the newest version of Trading Station and cant locate it. This thread mentioned the indicator is included but I cant find it. Is it actually there and I am not seeing it or do I need to DL it and install it myself?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Pip Slap

Postby sunshine » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:46 pm

Pip Slap wrote:I was looking for the pivot indicator in the newest version of Trading Station and cant locate it. This thread mentioned the indicator is included but I cant find it. Is it actually there and I am not seeing it or do I need to DL it and install it myself?

Thanks in advance for the help!

HI,
The indicator is included in the standard set of indicators. So you don't need to download and install it.
Please check the Add indicator dialog:
pivot.PNG
sunshine

Postby Pip Slap » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for the response. Dont know how I overlooked that one.

What is the difference in the one that comes with trade station and the one I see scrolling on the front page called "New PIVOT Indicator?" From what I understand they are the saem thing, correct?
Pip Slap

Postby sunshine » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:29 am

I've checked the code of the pivot indicator included in Marketscope and the code of the indicator attached to the top post.
As I see, Marketscope has improved version of the indicator since the issue with Woodie calculation has been fixed. So it's better to use the standard Marketscope indicator rather than the indicator from the top post.
sunshine

Postby Pip Slap » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks!
Pip Slap

Postby t1982t » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Nikolay, thank you, great work. I wondering if is it posible a strategy to this indicator, specifically with next parameters:

At the start of signal pivot (... h1, h2,..., d1,...):
if the price reach higher level (1,2,... of the signal) long
if the price reach lower level (1,2,...of the signal), short

Additional options with option off on each ones:
Signal type: direct or riversal
Count of bars to entry or number or bars to confirm
Excess in pips to open
Just once entry per each signal (... h1, h2,..., d1,...)
Classic: limit, stop and stop trailing
Maybe confirm trend with MA

Aditional of the aditional
A special trailing stop and limit:
Diferents levels of limit (1,2, and 3): if level 1 then close n numbers of positions and move the stop to price of entry or above n pips. if level 2 then close n number of positions and move the stop to price of level 1 or above n pips. And so on.

Kind regards
t1982t

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:48 am

Your request is added to the developmental cue.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby t1982t » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Thank you very much Apprentice

I just forgot something really important:
If buy at level n of the pivot signal then limit at level n+1 (or n+2, n+3,..., and less some pips) of the pivot signal, and stop at level n-1 (or n-2, n-2,...).
If sell at level n of of the pivot signal then limit at level n-1 (or n-2, n-2,...and plus some pips) of the pivot signal, and stop at level (or n+2, n+3,...).

This maybe like an aditional option because the classic limit and stop option. I guess this is the key of this strategy.
Finally maybe it could use pivot signal of the ST2 so then it could use pivot signal H1, H2,..., D1,.... and not only dayly.

That´s all. I hope not to be doing this strategy so complicated to programming
Again thank you

Kind regards
t1982t

Postby luigifx » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:49 am

Thanks a lot for your great job!! I have just a question why we do not have the same pivot points as we can see on dailyfx http://www.dailyfx.com/technical_analysis/pivot_points/ when we use classical mode calcul .
Thanks a lot for your answer
luigifx

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators