Logging swap rates EA

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Logging swap rates EA

Postby mailfilter888 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:20 am

Hi All

Is anyone able to develop a simple EA which logs swap rates for each day and the time of day it changes (ie logs each day's swap so you can see if changes over time or multiple times in a day or even if the broker changes it without warning)? My broker changes the swap rate up to twice per week and I'd like to monitor the rates. Otherwise is there an EA already out there which does this, as I can't fine one?

Thanks in advance
mailfilter888

Re: Logging swap rates EA

Postby Apprentice » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:42 am

It would be possible especially if the FXCM Trading Station is a targeted platform.
This is my Recession Risk Index based on an external data provider.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=59259&hilit=risk

Can you provide data source?
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby mailfilter888 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 am

I was simply thinking of the swap rates listed in the MT4 Market Watch window as the data source.

Attached is a basic script which I found which manually saves to a csv file (which over-writes that file if you do it again), but I was wanting an EA to log each time it changes (ie appends the data to an existing file if possible) so you can then see the changes made by the broker over time.
Attachments
scriptinfo-FINAL.mq4
(11.96 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
mailfilter888

Postby Apprentice » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:26 am

Can you define swap rate?
Suggest data source.
Apprentice

Postby mailfilter888 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:26 am

A forex swap rate is defined as an overnight or rollover interest (that is earned or paid) for holding positions overnight in foreign exchange trading.

I use Pepperstone and they provide more information here https://pepperstone.com/en/forex-trading/swaps.

The data source comes through the MT4 platform automatically from the broker once you login. You go to the Market Watch window --> right mouse click then choose specification. You will then see swap long and swap short for each symbol.
mailfilter888

Postby Apprentice » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 am

Your request is added to the development list under Id Number 4101
Apprentice

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests