MA Crossover Strategy, different time frame request?

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

MA Crossover Strategy, different time frame request?

Postby station0524 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:52 pm

I am looking for a strategy that is similar to the MA Crossover Strategy in the sense of using entry signals based on two moving averages crossing, fast and slow. In particular I use KAMA and T3 but the 20 in 1 AVERAGES would be fine when KAMA is included as well. The difference I need is that I want to use a bigger time frame as a filter. For example say I use a 15min and 60min chart. On both of the charts I would have the same moving averages say a 5 period KAMA for fast and a 15 period T3 for slow moving average. I would use the 15min chart for entries. The strategy should only enter trades if the direction of the 15min and 60 min signals are the same. So if the the 60min chart says to be long, the 15min chart would ignore short signals and only enter long signals. No trades should be taken on the bigger time frame. It is only a filter. Furthermore if one is in a trade and the bigger time frame signal changes to the opposite direction, the trade should be excited and no entry should be made until a new signal on the shorter time frame in the same direction as the bigger time frame appears. I just used 15min and 60min as an example. Ideally one should be able to use any two time frames as long as trades are entered on the shorter time frame and the bigger time frame is used as a filter. The ability to place stop and limit orders should also be included if possible. I hope I explained it well enough for you to understand. Please let me know if you have any questions.
station0524

Re: MA Crossover Strategy, different time frame request?

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:50 am

Your request is already in a development order.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: MA Crossover Strategy, different time frame request?

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Please try this strategy:
MA Crossover Strategy.lua
(16.05 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Alexander.Gettinger
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests