DDPO OBOS Price Projection Band

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Re: DDPO OBOS Price Projection Band

Postby Apprentice » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:42 am

Your request is added to the development list under Id Number 4564
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby fortcentral » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:43 am

Dear Apprentice,
Any chance for progress on this request?

Regards,
Fortcentral
fortcentral

Postby Apprentice » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:24 am

Try this version.
DDPO OBOS Price Projection Band v2.lua
(7.69 KiB) Downloaded 384 times

Will this be a final version?
Apprentice

Postby fortcentral » Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 am

Dear Apprentice,
A bit of a delay on my side in responding. As both indicator versions have the same name, I will use the date of your post to differentiate. Thank you again for your work, but the latest indicator version, i.e. from "Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:24 pm" actually introduces further errors. The version from "Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 pm" is better and I am still using it. The comments posted regarding band movements with manual setting are still valid.

Regards,
Fortcentral.
fortcentral

Postby fortcentral » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:17 am

Dear Apprentice,
Any chance of finalising this indicator? The version V2 from "Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 pm" (attached) was very close -> just the OS lines were switching when in manual mode. So for example, when changing the %Avg.OS in manual mode -> the Max.OS lines is moving instead and vice-versa.

I imagine that this is just a parameter labelling issue in the formulae but I was not able to follow the code properly to make the change myself. Would appreciate your help in closing this one off please.

Regards,
Fortcentral
fortcentral

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:48 am

It looks like you are using the old version without the fix.
DDPO_OBOS_Price_Projection_Band_v3.lua
(7.69 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Apprentice

Postby fortcentral » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 am

Dear Apprentice,
Thank you for the revised version. Now the correct lines (%Avg.OS and Max.OS) are moving when selecting each in "manual" mode. However, the calculation seems to be a little glitchy for both these lines. I have noticed two issues:

1) Regardless of whether a positive or a negative value is put into the calculation for either the %Avg.OS or the Max.OS, the lines move up. A positive DDPO value should move the lines up and a negative DDPO should move each line further down, in the vertical price scale.

2) Second problem is that once the first "manual" value is put in, none of the two lines (%Avg.OS or Max.OS) move any more, when new DDPO values are subsequently tested. The lines then need to be selected back to "auto" mode and then again back to "manual" mode for a new value to be trialled.

These appear to be the final issues.

The other two lines - %Avg.OB and Max.OB lines are working perfectly!

Thank you as always for your help - your work is very much appreciated!

Regards,
Fortcentral
fortcentral

Postby fortcentral » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:45 am

Dear Apprentice,
I can see that the team has been punching out a lot of work to help with new indicators. Look forward to finalisation of this indicator request. It will be great to close-off, what appears to be a final "minor" glitch in the indicator and then this project will be complete.

Regards,
Fortcentral
fortcentral

Postby fortcentral » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 am

Dear Apprentice,
Thank you for the new version and once again really great to have your help on this. The manual calculation for "%Avg.OS" and "Max.OS" lines is working great now. The lines are no longer freezing up.

I am sorry to say however that the issue that was fixed in "V3" has unfortunately returned in "V4". This is:
1) When selecting the Manual mode for "%Avg.OS" line, the "Max.OS" line is moving instead.
2) Similarly, when the manual mode for "Max.OS" line is selected, the "%Avg.OS" line is moving instead.

Could you please look at what was done for version "V3" and help fix this final issue?

Regards,
Fortcentral
fortcentral

PreviousNext

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests