VSA Volumeter

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

VSA Volumeter

Postby Mohamed85 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:37 am

Hi Team;
Could you please help developing this indicator (VSA Volumeter), it works as following.

tallying up the up waves volume and dividing them by the down waves total volume for XXX number of periods back (default=1000), this is supposed to be shown on the chart as a:
1. number (0 - 100 ) at the corner of the price window and
2. and a colored continuous bar at the bottom of the price window, the colors shall be green for less than or equal X value (default =35), red for greater than or equal Y value ( default = 55), blue from A to B value (default= 42 - 48)

Another representation if possible is to be shown just as a line diagram in a separate window

Attached an indicator that I downloaded from here along while ago that already calculate volume per wave, that's how I'd like for the waves to be defined and the volume to be tallied up on the same basis.

Thanks in advance, ... and appreciate our cont support.
Regards.
Attachments
ZigZag_Counter.lua
(19.23 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Mohamed85

Re: VSA Volumeter

Postby Apprentice » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:36 pm

tallying up the up waves volume and dividing them by the down waves total volume for XXX

I'm not sure I understand.
Can you show it for example?
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Mohamed85 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Please check this example in the attached photo.... please let me know ... if I can be of any more help.

and thanks for your support
Attachments
1.PNG
Mohamed85

Postby Mohamed85 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:29 am

by the way this works as a timing tool and/or overbought/oversold indicator ... other than any other indicator, this one highlight the extreme supply/ demand imbalance zones where it will be most probable to bounce ...
Mohamed85

Postby Apprentice » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:53 am

As I understand you, this will be all up volume/all down volume, from the beginning of the chart.
Or Will this be, current wave Up-volume / current wave Down-volume
Apprentice

Postby Mohamed85 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks Apprentice for your follow up ... really appreciate your support ...
the indicator shall be based on all up volume / all down volume within a specified number of bars, staring from the current bar and looking back the specified number of bars* (please see the example it is based on a look back of 100 bars only.

* ideally the indicator shall look back for only the recent few days (3-5 days), but it works on lower time frames like 5m and 10m, so we will need a look back period min of 500 period and up to a few thousands
Attachments
2.PNG
Mohamed85

Postby Apprentice » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:26 am

Your request is added to the development list under Id Number 4626
Apprentice

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests