Simple Bar Pivots

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Simple Bar Pivots

Postby chimpy » Tue May 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Request

An Indicator to help you see simple bar pivots on a chart.

BUY: Pivot is any bar with it's High higher than the previous X days(adjustable)
and higher then the next X days (adjustable)

SELL: Pivot is any bar with it's Low lower than the previous X days (adjustable)
and lower than the next X days (adjustable)

These are all confirmed bars (not live).
The SELL bar can be marked with maybe a red dot or arrow below the bar and the BUY bar can be marked with maybe a green/blue dot or arrow above the bar.

The only exception is that some bars will equal the logic of both the BUY and SELL criteria. These bars are to be excluded. Or if you prefer they can be marked with a 3rd color above and below the bar.

Thank you so much.
chimpy
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Re: Simple Bar Pivots

Postby chimpy » Wed May 29, 2019 2:04 am

From the Advanced Fractal page one:"The algorithm allows only odd numbers"

Fora Sell pivot for example,am I able to do 4 bars down preceding then 2 bars up afterwards, then it will mark it as a pivot. Or 6 down 2 up for example, being that they are even numbers.

Also in the case of a long inside bar, and a High pivot parameter = 4 up 2 down.
A Low pivot parameter = 4 down 2 up.
If that inside bar satisfies both criteria then is there a way of marking it or excluding it with the Advanced Fractal indicator?
chimpy

Postby Apprentice » Wed May 29, 2019 3:44 am

Try an updated version of Advanced Fractal.lua
Will work with any number now.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby chimpy » Wed May 29, 2019 5:14 am

I downloaded and had a play around with the Advanced Fractal.lua indicator.

I don't think the Advanced Fractal.lua logic will satisfy the simple pivot criteria, firstly because there is only one calculation input.
to have a simple sell pivot that is lower than the previous 4 days and lower than the next 2 days you would need calculation inputs of 4 and 2 for example.

Its not a fractal, its a pivot with two rules and one exception as mentioned above.

C
chimpy

Postby chimpy » Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks.

Can you see the double arrows in the picture attached. This is happening if the low or high price form one bar to the next is the same. Please can you keep the first arrow and discount the second.

A down arrow and up arrow seperate alerts would be useful if you need to use just one bias.

Thank you
Chimpy.
Attachments
EURUSD m15.png
chimpy

Postby chimpy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Looks good on the simulator. I will test next week, although that's usable now, thanks. :)

If the following could be put on the list sometime when your less busy:

>>A down arrow and up arrow seperate alerts would be useful if you need to use just one bias.
So I can choose if down arrows or up arrows (confirmed) kick of the alert separately.
I have noticed that the arrows keep repainting while the confirm bar X is forming, which might cause a problem with alerts.

with alerts will I be able to easily plug this indicator into the generic Strategy Builder project on this site, if in the future I want to play around with an automated strategy?
I have never used the strategy builder before so I don't know what is compatible or not.

Thanks
Chimpy
chimpy

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests