Fibonacci Order system (multiple entry orders at once)

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Fibonacci Order system (multiple entry orders at once)

Postby josephbasilio » Fri May 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Is this programmable?

My ideal design for an order system is to take a Fib tool, choose my own levels, and next to each level specify if i want to buy or sell at a given level, and how many lots, draw the tool on my chart then click enter and have all of my entry orders placed at one time, I currently use a fib tool and then manually click in my entry orders but it would be VERY VERY efficient to be able to do this at once with a simple tool, any help or feedback is greatly appreciated!

-Joebagadonuts
josephbasilio

Re: Fibonacci Order system (multiple entry orders at once)

Postby Apprentice » Mon May 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby chimpy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:14 am

I was thinking of something along the same lines and was about to post something in discussions "Chart point and click Entry tool." as this idea is more of a tool than an indicator right?

In fast market or if you trade 20-30 instruments especially on the lower timeframes then constantly filling out order tickets really does slow you down.
Then when the market moves and you need to adjust your entry, stop, limit, then you have to do it all over again.

A lot of people use Fibonacci levels for Entry, Stop, Limit placement and something like this would save time. Perhaps the existing Fibonacci pops up box could be modified so, after you have measured some distance or other then you get a dialog to place and Entry order at level with Stop and Limit at lwhatever level. In the dialog box each fibonacci level has an order dropdown box
Plus an offset for the stop and limit, relative to it's respective level. (there can only be one stop limit and entry per fibonacci measurment)
Then on the parameters tab you could have a check box to turn this feature on and off, lot amount etc.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?
chimpy
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
chimpy
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby chimpy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Using this tool for example if I measure between 100% and 0%

100% 1.30402
0% 1.27871

I want to go Long at 100% with an offset of +10 (1.30502)
My stop will be at 38.2% (1.28838) with an offset of -7 (1.28768)
and a limit order at 138.2% (1.31369) with an offset of -7 (1.31299)

and I want to replicate that trade hunderds of times with the tool. How can I do that as I am not sure with the tool you showed me?

-------
If you could please add the following uasability options which essentially come from the existing fib tool & basic deal ticket

1. The GTC option in the date.
2. The "snap to nearest, High Low etc" fib options
3. Fib ratio levels displayed next to their respective line.

4. Could you add some kind of an "execute" button inside the dialog box to place the entry order, instead of relying on the "ok" button. Because everytime you go into the dialog tochange the color or some other option then click "ok" it drops an entry order in.

Thank
Chimpy
chimpy

Postby Apprentice » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 am

Fibonacci Order Single.lua
(62.89 KiB) Downloaded 375 times

Now there are only three levels: entry, stop, limit (with offsets).
1. I not sure what you mean
2. This feature is not available for custom tools.
4. This isn't possible.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby chimpy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:45 am

Functional:
-------------

GTC Good 'Til Cancelled, as in the standard order ticket. At the moment the tool places a time limited order that gets cancelled by a certain time.
If you extend the time in the parameters to say 30 days it does something weird and actually extends the lines on the tool itself which makes no sense.

-
Although the price of the lines are displayed the actual fib ratio levels are not.

-
The tool is drawing back to front compared to the standard fib tool, tracking 0% too 100% instead of 100% to 0%. There is also no line on the 0% level making it hard to position.

-
You sometimes get an 1103 invalid account error when your moving it around and click ok. At first I thought this was related to sell/buy setting wrongly compared to position of tool but it happens other times too.
-
The offset is related to the actual Entry/Limit/Stop levels rather than the actual lines drawn on the chart. So the lines stay where they are supposed to be (same as standard fib tool) but the respective Entry/Limit/Stop order is triggered whatever offset distance from it's set Ratio. I.E same as now but the lines stay where they should be per ratio.

Would be nice:
------------------

I hear what your saying about the snap to High Low with custom tools. With faster timeframes it does not matter much because of the spread and relative bar size but if your dealing with hourly and above what can appear to be dead on can sometimes be 5-10 pips making it difficult to position. Would it be worth waiting to get these features into the the main Fibonacci tool that already have a built framework?

Also could we have a button on the tool bar or shortcut key?

Thanks
Chimpy
chimpy

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests