MTF SAR

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

MTF SAR

Postby COPPRJAM69 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:58 pm

Good Day, I am a big fan of your work...I downloaded the MTF SAR indicator (which i like very much) but I have been unable to use it as part of an automated strategy. If you could help me with this i would be eternally grateful

The time frames I am interested in is the 30 min, 1.2 and 4 hr timeframe with entry when all the time frame agrees

Buy Signal:
entry when all time frame on the SAR shows green
exit when the 30 minute changes direction/ color on the SAR (red)

SELL Signal
entry when all time frame on the SAR shows red
exit when the 30 minute changes direction/ color on the SAR (30)

parameter

1. option to input time of trading
2. to be able to sellect/ change the timeframes to be used
3. option to change the exit signal from the 30 minutes to any timeframe

if this is possible i would be so grateful

warm regard
copperjam69
COPPRJAM69

Re: MTF SAR

Postby COPPRJAM69 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:38 pm

Hello all and apprentice,

I have done a lot of research today and I realize that there was a lot of work done on Multi time frame strategy but the ones i found, as good as they were, may need a little tweeking to complete my desired strategy.. I am going to attempt to outline what i would like and if anyone can guide me accordingly I would greatly appreciate it

Strategy

The strategy is based on two primary indicators.. The multi timeframe SAR and two EMAs crossover as secondary confirmation

The parameters option would include:

1, minimum of five SAR timeframe
2. two EMAs: one fast and one slow with the option to input the periods that define them
3, the five SAR timeframe agrees in color to initiate phase one of the strategy. phase 2 is initiated after. phase two involves the EMAs crossover to confirm the MTF SAR. A trade is initiated when both phases agree
4. option for input for the time of trading
5. the exit option is for one specific SAR timeframe to change color. this would be selected as an option
6. one could enter a single trade at a time or have the option also for multiple trades at the same time
7, option to input lot size, stop and limit entry
8. i am assuming that the SAR signal from some of the strategies i have seen involved the change from one color to the next. I am requesting that only the timeframe that is used for the exit be coded this way........the SAR on the multi timeframe indicator should be based on the agrrement of the color to trigger a signal (long or short) with the one timeframe used for the exit can be coded for a change in color
9. if possible , can the signals be based on tick..if not, the closing of the candlestick will do fine
10. Buy Signal
phase one: all five timeframe shows green
phase two..the fast moving EMA crosses from below to above the fast moving EMA for confirmation on the same timeframe that will be used to determine the exit
once both phases agree a trade is entered automatically
exit: on the stop order or the change of predetermine/selected SAR timeframe from green to red
11. Sell Signal
phase one: all five timeframe shows red
phase two..the fast moving EMA crosses from above to below the fast moving EMA for confirmation on the same timeframe that is selected to be used to exit the trade...
once both phases agree a trade is entered
exit: on the stop order or the change of predetermine/selected SAR timeframe from green to red

I really hope that I am not asking too much,,,I engaged two programmers to look at it for me and they were really no help..As I have said before, I am really a great fan of the work being done here..I realize that elements of the strategy outlined above have already been coded and any assistance to put this strategy together would be really appreciated!!!

warm regard
Copperjam69
COPPRJAM69

Re: MTF SAR

Postby Apprentice » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:32 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Internal developer reference 11.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests