bid/ask volume and net delta indicator

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

bid/ask volume and net delta indicator

Postby cheeetah » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Greetings!
The problem i tend to solve is how to know the bid/ask volume and calculate the net delta when trading FX.
I ve did this on an excel spreadsheet,but since i dont know how to code,i am reaching for help.
To do this i have these inputs:
1)The first input is the range of the bar;It is simple as the High - Low
2)The 2nd input is the bar/candle volume
3)Now I calculate the difference between the Close and the Open.
4)You divide no.3 by no.1.This gets you the ratio of Close to open relative to the candle range.Since in FX volume is tick counts,a bullish candle means more ticks for the bulls than the bears.This also says to me that the bulls are x % stronger than the bears for that candle.So if for example,I have a candle of 1000 volume and the % ratio is 10%,it means that bulls are % stronger than the bears.If the ask volume = x,then bid volume =1.1*X . The rest is simple math.
5)Divide the volume by (2- % range) to get the bid volume.Ask volume is the difference between total volume and bid volume.
6)Extract the delta between the bid and ask volume.

Should the indicator be completed,we should be able to check accumulation/distribution areas and act upon them.
PS:I would also love if you can create a sort wyckoff wave-ish indicator,but on the net delta i.e net delta accumulation waves.
Cheers!
cheeetah

Re: bid/ask volume and net delta indicator

Postby cheeetah » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:23 am

Greetings Apprentice!
I appreciate your time for doing this.
I played around with the indicator,but it seems that if a bar is positive it counts all of its volume(almost all) as bid volume and vice versa.Sometimes it even calculates bid vol as a negative.
I uploaded an excel file from some sample data where I did my initial calculations.
Thanks again for the effort!
Attachments
h1smpl.xlsx
sample calculations
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 321 times
cheeetah

Re: bid/ask volume and net delta indicator

Postby cheeetah » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:45 pm

Pardon me,is that a thread in the forum?
cheeetah

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests