volatility adjusted - macd

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: volatility adjusted - macd

Postby bartwas1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:07 am

Hi Apprentice

Thanks for this oscillator. Really appreciate your work.
I have a question in regards to this macd. Why do I get different results when I compare meta trader 4's version with yours - the settings are exactly the same - (tested against bid and ask price)? I've checked GBPUSD and EURUSD on 15m and 30m time frames. And it seems like marketscope's version is lagging.
If you find time do you mind to have look into it?

Bart
bartwas1
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Apprentice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:23 pm

Can you provide the charts, info about time frames and currency used.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby bartwas1 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 am

Hi Apprentice

There is no point in uploading any charts. I will explain why. I did my due diligence and checked EURUSD and GBPUSD charts across three time frames 5, 15 and 30m. There were differences between metatrader's 4 and trading station. Then I looked into built-in MACD oscillators - and noticed the same thing.
When I mentioned that there was a problem with volatility adjusted MACD I just assumed that MT4 and TS will calculate price identically. Now when I've seen differences in built-in oscillators I believe price calculation will be close match, but not identical.

kind regards B.
bartwas1
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Return to Custom Indicators