Breakout Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Breakout Strategy

Postby sunshine » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:40 am

RJH501 wrote:Apprentise, what is the parameter, Trade once per day, supposed to do.

In all of mt testing it seems to do nothing at all. Yes or No it will trade as many times as price breaks the borders.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated,

Richard

Looks like if the parameter is set to Yes, only one short and one long position is allowed per day.
Compare the backtest results with "Once per day" set to No (the first image) and set to Yes (the second image).
BreakMultiple.PNG

BreakOnce.PNG

Apprentice, please correct me if I'm wrong.
sunshine

Postby RJH501 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Thank you!

Richard
RJH501

Postby Apprentice » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:15 pm

You're right, this option allows you to open multiple positions.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby mfoste1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Hello all :D

I am having some issues with this strategy right now. I have parameters turned on correctly, however it is showing up in my event log window as "strategy started", and no trades are being triggered. A popup box should come up that says "price breaks high:BUY" or " price breaks low:SELL" then the trade is entered. This is not happening. Could someone please help me out in getting this strategy to work correctly. Thanks :D
mfoste1

Postby sunshine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:55 am

Please make sure that "Allow strategy to trade" parameter is set to "Yes".
If this won't help, please check the Log tab in the Events window. Does it contain a error message?
sunshine

Postby ronald3rg » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:11 am

i set the strategy up for my tradiing preferences and it is working fine on the backtest but it is not setting the limit orders i placed on the parameters so it only exits positions on the next alert which is on the other side of a breakout. ANY SUGGESTIONS or FIX in CODE
Right place at the right time

3Rg
ronald3rg

Postby ronald3rg » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:01 pm

FOUND PREVIOUS POST WITH CORRECT SCRIPT FOR US BASED ACCOUNTS. WORKING PERFECTLY NOW. THE OPTION TO CHOOSE TO REVERSE THE ENTRY TYPE FOR A CURRENCY PAIR WOULD BE NICE UNDER THE PARAMETERS SO I WONT HAVE TO GO INTO SCRIPT AND CHANGE IT. FOR EXAMPLE GBP/CHF WHEN CROSSES THE TOP LINE I SET IT TO SELL INSTEAD OF BUY BECAUSE IT ALWAYS REVERSES

3Rg
ronald3rg

Postby ronald3rg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:56 pm

The onyl thing missing is break out confirmation. by candle or by some kind of indicator. like the ma cross strategy confirms by number of candles after cross

3Rg
ronald3rg

Postby napitt » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:34 pm

I would like to be able to sample a 24 hour period and then enter on a break out of that range. Don't seem to be able to do it with this strategy ( only can do intra day).
Got any suggestions or heard of a strategy that does a beakout of previouse 24 hours?

Thanks sooo much !!
napitt

Postby taypot » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 am

I have put the breakout.lua indicator on my chart and the breakout signal but when i try to add the breakout strategy I get the message that breakout.lua type is unknown. I am using marketscope 2.
taypot

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies