Trading Station/Marketscope 2011-III Beta

The beta versions of the Trading Stations and Marketscope

Moderator: admin

Re: Trading Station/Marketscope 2011-III Beta

Postby sunshine » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:49 am

nookie wrote:Hey, thanks but its not working properly..

[string "Indicator_Alert.lua"]:141: [string "ADX.lua"]:67: [string "DMI.lua"]:97: attempt to index field 'high' (a nil value)

Sorry, it is an error in the signal. I've updated the file here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7741
Please download and reinstall the signal.
sunshine

Postby nookie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:38 am

I reinstalled it but still the same error:

[string "Indicator_Alert.lua"]:141: [string "ADX.lua"]:67: [string "DMI.lua"]:97: attempt to index field 'high' (a nil value)
nookie
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby sunshine » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:00 am

It looks like the file wasn't replaced in the post. Now I re-added it.
Could you please try again.
sunshine

Postby nookie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:59 am

It works fine now, thanks for it, but I need it on this one also, is it possible to be a bit more universal to work on more indicators?

Its not working on DMI

And also it doesn't show a signal or an error here... nothing
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7485&p=16617&hilit=adx+roc#p16617
nookie

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Bebbspoke wrote:Hi Guys, - Nikolay - PLEASE - WTF is a "bad candle" - please describe - HTF can one take any of this data seriously if Chart Server is sporadically generating untraceable garbage?

bad candle is that exact f..k you mentioned. Sometimes (once a month) one candle is bad (for example it can have zero low). Unfortunately, the chart server is not our product, so I have no control over it. All I can do - is to eliminate it everywhere it is possible. We are working on that, and I hope in the next release we will be finally free of bad candles problem.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:47 am

nookie wrote:Its not working on DMI

Could you please provide more details about the issue? Are you getting an error message? Which price level do you specify in the properties of the alert?

nookie wrote:And also it doesn't show a signal or an error here... nothing

As I see the ADX ROC/ADX ROC VALUE oscillators are histograms with fixed values in all periods (all values are equal to 1) . This alert doesn't make sense when using with such indicators since the alert checks crossing the indicator value with some level.
sunshine

Postby jtatalov » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 am

I wanted to add it would be nice if there was an automatic refresh feature at the end of the time frame being used...some of the indicators, like the OSMAX_MACD change various colors throughout the trading session and one has consistently update the screen to get a true representation of the pattern evolving.
jtatalov

Postby Bebbspoke » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Further to jtatalov's request for a "refresh" facility I would find it most helpful if there was a "hold" facility - this would PREVENT the screen automatically resetting to latest the live time at the end of the current running candle... close analysis of historic events and comparison with other chartforms on (say) the 5 min candle can be quite tiresome with the auto refresh kicking in just when you didn't want it to...
Likewise - (I know, I have asked for this before) there is a "Scroll to End" in one of the drop-downs - great - but please can we have a "Scroll to OTHER End" and (better still) a "Scroll to User inserts Time &/or Date"
Thanks a lot Guys, Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby nookie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 am

sunshine wrote:
nookie wrote:Its not working on DMI

Could you please provide more details about the issue? Are you getting an error message? Which price level do you specify in the properties of the alert?

This is sometimes working, sometimes not.. I will check again

nookie wrote:And also it doesn't show a signal or an error here... nothing

As I see the ADX ROC/ADX ROC VALUE oscillators are histograms with fixed values in all periods (all values are equal to 1) . This alert doesn't make sense when using with such indicators since the alert checks crossing the indicator value with some level.

They are histograms but their value is from 0 to 15 (approximately). So I would like to have an alert for this if possible to signal a level reached/passed for example alert when>2
nookie

Postby nookie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Also one more thing... on this beta lots of times after few hours when you click Layouts Save.. its doing nothing.. not sure if its a bug or something but older version seemed to not have this thing. Please have it checked
nookie

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Versions