Marker

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Marker

Postby Apprentice » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:30 am

MARKER.png

This simple indicator has a option to paint a candle, draw label or Marker N periods backwards from current the closing price.

I added two modes, Locked and Trailing

It was developed by, the request from the user.

The same indicator with the option of using the Date for the lock candles would be desirable.
That's why I suggested to the development team to add functionality that would allow simple implementation of this.

MARKER.lua
(7.28 KiB) Downloaded 1506 times

Multiple Marker.lua
Allows you to define up to 5 Markers.
(7.78 KiB) Downloaded 914 times

The indicator was revised and updated
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Marker

Postby cyanidez » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 am

How awesome is this, great job thanks Apprentice!

cyanidez
cyanidez

Postby RJH501 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 am

Hi Apprentice!

Just a quick note to say thanks for the Marker indicator.

I was looking for a means to identify when the Silver Signal 2 indicator lock in and stopped re-painting (marking a trend change). And your indicator solved this problem! By using trailing mode it gave the perfect indication to show when STI2 locks in!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Richard
RJH501

Postby rretch » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 am

Hey Apprentice,

Great indicator...and thanks for developing it! I am, however, seeing a problem. When the indicator is first loaded, it paints the correct bar as it should. When I change time periods though, the bar 'unpaints' itself.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Also, I think if you could give the painted candle settings to paint itself, when it closes above/below N prior bars, this indicator could be used to make a Tom Demark Wave indicator.

Thanks
rob
rretch

Postby rretch » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:59 am

Hey again Apprentice,

Am I missing something regarding the N bar that is painted. The bar that is painted is only painted as one color and thus leaving me guessing if it closed down or up.

thanks again
rob
rretch

Postby rretch » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:40 am

Hey again Apprentice,

Am I missing something regarding the N bar that is painted. The bar that is painted is only painted as one color and thus leaving me guessing if it closed down or up.

thanks again
rob

excuse me if i sent twice...i was distracted and forgot if i posted or not
rretch

Postby dlouisbriggs » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Would it be possible to modify the code to permit "Markers" in future time period by allowing negative numbers in the "Look Back" field of the parameters? Thank you.
dlouisbriggs

Postby nazaar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:25 am

This is an excellent tool as it does not make the charts to cluttered. The marker quickly identifies the N'th bar without having to many lines on the chart.

I was wondering if you could add to the marker to identify the highest high with in the N'th period back and the lowest low with in the N'th period back.

Say for example an arrow pointing down above the highest high and an arrow pointing up below the lowest low of the n'th period back. Ideally, if the user could choose the colour and size of the arrow.

thank very much
nazaar
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby cyanidez » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi nazaar,

I actually wrote an indicator like that called "Swings" that identifies exactly that - the swing highs and lows of the parameters that you give it.

I can upload it here? Just have to check with the admins how to do that. Will let you know!

Regards
cyanidez

Postby Apprentice » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:32 pm

to cyanidez
Contact Nikolay orVasiliy,
regarding permission.

to nazaar
wait for cyanidez addition
If you will not be satisfied, post your comments here.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Next

Return to Custom Indicators