TS/Marketscope 2012-I beta

The beta versions of the Trading Stations and Marketscope

Moderator: admin

Re: TS/Marketscope 2012-I beta

Postby sunshine » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 am

Hi MeiniOz,

Thanks for your replies.
We have fixed the issues with cross-prices and Oulook 2010. We are still investigating out of memory issue.
Thanks again.
sunshine

Postby MeiniOz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Thank you sunshine, it is a pleasure to be able support a such a great team :D
MeiniOz
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Lansett » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi.

I'm testing this beta, and no problem so far. I'm glad you added the caching feature.
But why the 15000 bars limitation ? It seems it's less than before. Why a limit if data are downloaded only one time ? I'm often looking for 2007 or 2008 highs and lows for supply and demand and I can't do this with the 1H timeframe.

Maybe I'm offtopic, but it seems the ASK and BID chart switcher buttons still have no shortkey bindings. Or I'm not looking for it at the right place.

Thanks for your hard work.
Lansett

Postby Ekaterina » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 am

Hi Lansett!

But why the 15000 bars limitation ? It seems it's less than before. Why a limit if data are downloaded only one time ? I'm often looking for 2007 or 2008 highs and lows for supply and demand and I can't do this with the 1H timeframe.

Actually, in the previous version the limitation was the same one. The Backtester limitation is much higher. To look for 2007-2008 highs and lows with 1H timeframe use "Show Data Range" option in the Create Chart dialog box. There you can choose the desired range.
Maybe I'm offtopic, but it seems the ASK and BID chart switcher buttons still have no shortkey bindings. Or I'm not looking for it at the right place.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. This is really very useful feature. The developers have already added it. And it will be included in the production build.

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

Postby Lansett » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:45 am

Ekaterina wrote:Actually, in the previous version the limitation was the same one. The Backtester limitation is much higher. To look for 2007-2008 highs and lows with 1H timeframe use "Show Data Range" option in the Create Chart dialog box. There you can choose the desired range.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll prefer a limitless Markescope, but that's better than nothing :)
Lansett

Postby Panther » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 am

Can you create a "chart shift" function, like Metatrader has?
I use the "lock view"; sometimes it works on the tick chart.
It is not consistent or reliable just frustrating on the platform we have now.
Thanks
Panther

Postby sunshine » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Thank you for suggestion. I will forward it to the development team.
sunshine

Postby cc.matt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 am

Hello,

I've been testing several price, indicator and strategy alerts for this beta version. The old/currently used version lags or freezes with more than 5-10 alerts triggering at once because of the way the info is routed through their server. So far the cached price history seems to be helping.

I have found one small bug. If you rearrange the pairs in the advanced quote section, the drop down menu for all the pairs keeps the original order. It's annoying if you watch more than 10 pairs and want to alphabetize them. Let me know if you find a fix and update it.

Has anyone else tried trading with this version on a demo and had any problems?

Thanks!!
cc.matt

Postby cc.matt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 am

The beta version froze during peak overlap hours this morning when several alerts were triggered. It would seem the problem is still directly related to how busy the FXCM server is.

Also, email alerts aren't working for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.
cc.matt

Postby Ekaterina » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi cc.matt,

Also, email alerts aren't working for me.

If you have problems with e-mail alerts, please read this one thread about E-mail Configurator:Email configurator: simplest way to configure e-mail alerts.

Best regards,
Ekaterina
Ekaterina

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Versions