Breakout Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Breakout Strategy

Postby arstechnica » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:00 am

I would a breakout strategy for congestion phace that enter as follow:

For Long positions:
After the firts breakout it wait the price will go under a second level (to be selected) on the second breakout it will trade long

Short the opposite.

A second and more automated version could identify the congestions as the high and low of last n candle stay inside a range and will use that leves as levels for breakout.

Regards
arstechnica

Postby arstechnica » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:28 pm

I did several backtest on this startegy but there is a problem.

When you set the pips to exceed the high to trade, it start the trade only id the condition is true in the first breakout. If the price come back and that has the breakout that meet the condition or meet the condition in the opposite direction, it doesn't trade.

In my opinion It would be very usefull if this condition is constant for any breakout, otherwise is not usefull the condition pips that exceed the breakout.

Please make this possible.

Regards

Salvatore
arstechnica

Postby mjf1288 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 am

I need someone to help me fix this strategy. It should have the option to allow multiple positions on different days, so that you can add to a position the next day if you hold longer. It should also not close positions on the opposite signal, rather let stop and limit manage the position.
mjf1288

Postby peterpap » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Excellent work!
I modified Breakout Strategy in order to achieve reverse behavior and according to my results i think that a reverse mode of this stradegy is identical in range conditions, especially for scalpers who looks for a quick and small profit.
keep up the good work!
peterpap

Postby imprimus » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:30 am

Hi Developer,

I want some changes in this strategy.

I have notice, this strategy works fine and gives lot of opportunity to earn but the losing position is at much higher rate/number.

I want to reduce that number.

I am aiming for GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY pairs as this pairs are giving good results. My expectation are around 500 pips from each currency per month.

So, i want you make few changes as follows.

1) Entry should be 10 pips away from the first break out as London session starts, from previous 4 hours price range. (This should be parametrized.)

2) As price move in the favor of the position opened (buy/sell). As it crosses 25 pips mark, stop loss should be moved to +1 pips. This is the necessary step to protect the funds. ( +1 pips should also be parametrized.)

3) Can you create a log of which states as how many pips price have made high in that momentum or in that day after the breakout. This will helps to calculate the average high particular is making to decide future TPs for every entry. This might also help to increase profit in long term. Log should also state the date. This log should be created when we are backtesting strategy.
e.g.:
2013/12/05 : buy : 55 pips
2013/12/06 : sell : 73 pips

Any other inputs are welcome. Hope this strategy work as per my expectation.

Highly appreciate your efforts you put to code.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Imprimus.
imprimus

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:13 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby yeders » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:10 am

Hi guys/ladies,

I'm having trouble running: BREAKOUT_STRATEGY WITH GMMACD FILTER
When I go to ''OK'' it, I get the error "116: Please download and install GMMACD.LUA indicator" but I have already downloaded and installed: CGMMACD and CGMMA as they are both in the ''manage extensions' part of marketscope.

I've restarted market scope, but it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks
yeders

Postby Apprentice » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:01 am

Once again, please redownload and reinstall both.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=412&hilit=GMMACD
Make sure not to change their name.
Restart the TS is this not work.
Apprentice

Postby Taskryr » Tue May 06, 2014 4:08 pm

hello. I like this strategy except that using a standard number for pips for Stops or Limits ignores the expansion and contraction of daily ranges.

Is it possible to make the Entry and Stop loss equal to the Period spread +/- pip spread

Also, is it possible to make the limit based on the period spread?

Example. If today's box spread is 20 pips, then entry would be top/bottom of box + x pips (to cover spread or false breakouts) and then to set the limit at, say 2x the spread, at 40 pips.

Then tomorrow, when the box spread changes to 35. Set limit would recognize this and set the 2x spread to a limit of 70?
Taskryr

Postby Apprentice » Wed May 07, 2014 2:53 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies