Advanced Fractal

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: Advanced Fractal

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:12 pm

Bug fixed.
Please, download indicator again.
Alexander.Gettinger
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Blackcat2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:19 am

On a hindsight, the fractal seems to be accurate but in practice, using paramter 7, the signal appears like 3 candles (I'm using 15M chart) after the peak/bottom occured which is way way too late and practically unusable..

I was going to test this using a lower TF but the higher TF refused to set to lower TF, for example, place the indicator on 15M Chart but set it to look at 5M chart and place the fractal on 15M chart as soon as the 5M chart generated the signal, is this possible?

BC
Blackcat2
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby skarlaken » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:09 am

Apprentice? Is there a way to get the Advanced Fractal to auto-update on the charts, or am I doing something wrong?
skarlaken

Postby Apprentice » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:23 am

On which version applies your remark.
Regular or BF variant.

I just tested regular and works as expected.

I tested with default parameters, which parameters you are using.
Apprentice

Postby skarlaken » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:44 am

Hi Apprentice,

Thanks so much for the quick response!

I use several chart timeframes from 1m, 5m, 15m, 30m, 1H, 1D, 1W and I normally trade off 30m with 5m and 15m as leading triggers

I'm using the BF variant with the following parameters on my charts:

On 1min chart I use "Timeframe to calculate" = 5min and Number of fractals = 5
On 5min chart I use "Timeframe to calculate" = 15min and Number of fractals = 5
On 15min chart I use "Timeframe to calculate" = 30min and Number of fractals = 5
On 30min chart I use "Timeframe to calculate" = 1hour and Number of fractals = 5
On 1hour chart I use "Timeframe to calculate" = 2hour and Number of fractals = 5

This seems to reduce false signals quite a bit and also helps with confirmation. I also use TRENDLORD, AROON & EHLERS_HEATMAP as confirmation.

The main problem I have is that in order to get the BF variant to update I have no other choice than to go into edit mode and back to the chart. This then updates.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help!
skarlaken

Postby thetruth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:35 pm

great indicator!! thanks a lot!.
the indicator do not refresh automatic, can you put some instruction to refresh every candle?
thetruth

Postby orionjev » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Please add an instruction in BF_Advanced Fractal, is a Very Good indicator but don´t refresh for display new buy/sell signals.

Thank you
orionjev

Postby Surajs » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi Apprentice

Thanks for a great indicator - I wonder if there is a way to only display the marker arrows based on the number of bars visible on the chart i.e if I scroll back and then step forward I want to be able to see the marker arrows develop as the new bars come into play as a kind of 'forward testing' on old data to learn how to use the indicator.

Thanks,

Suraj
Surajs

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:54 pm

I'm not sure what you want to achieve.
If I understand well, you would like fractal indication before it is confirmed.
For the last fractal.
Am I hit the meaning of your request
Apprentice

Postby Surajs » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi Apprentice,

Thanks for the quick reply.

What I want to achieve is as follows: if for example I bring up a chart with the advanced fractal and it shows a number of up and down fractal indicators - then if I drag the chart to the right so that the most recent bars start to go off the screen ( as if I am looking at the chart on an earlier date/time) then the unconfirmed up or down arrows should disappear as the more recent bars disappear to the right. In other words if I am looking at a chart with some previous days data showing, only the fractal indicators confirmed by the bars visible on the chart should show until I drag the chart to the left to show more (enough) bars on the right of the display to confirm newer fractal indicator Arrows. It is as if I start the chart at an already earlier date with some fractal signals and as I drag the chart to see more and more new bars the newer fractal indicators appear when there is enough newer bars to confirm signals

You bring up a real good point about being able to see the unconfirmed fractal indicator: - if this was possible for example: let us say we are plotting a 5 period fractal and assign say arbitrary 25% completion for each higher high and each lower high (and vice versa on the other side) - then on the chart we could show a grey fractal indicator of darker shades until the fractal is confirmed and we change the indicator colour to the confirmed Down (or Up) fractal indicator colour - or in case the completion is scratched (negated) because of a bar high or low cancels the indicator confirmation, then we remove the grey arrow until the next fractal indicator starts to be processed.

(Sorry for my English and the wordy post - hopefully I have been able to clarify)

Thanks in advance,

Surajs
Surajs

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Indicators