MA / Price Cross Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

MA / Price Cross Strategy

Postby Apprentice » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:21 am

price_ma.png

This strategy generates orders based on two two types of signals.

Crossover
Cross over, closing price, below or above the moving average generates Short or Long orders.

Touch.
This is a counter strategy.
If prices during the period falls below the moving average but at the closing price is above average. Generates a Long position.

If prices during the period rises above the moving average but at the closing price is below average. Generates a Short position.

The strategy enables you to the define second moving average to confirm the trend.

price_ma (params).JPG

price_ma.lua
(18 KiB) Downloaded 3778 times
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: MA / Price Cross Strategy

Postby sho-me-pips » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:57 am

I found this opens multiple orders in trend direction, maybe an option to close on non-confirmed signals.

Is it possible to incorporate the MVA Stop strategy (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2339) as a stop option inside this strategy.

Example: Position is opened on the 100 MVA and the MVA Stop Strategy becomes the stop and trails at the MVA(userdefined input).
"A hundred pips a day keeps the collector away"
sho-me-pips

Postby sho-me-pips » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:45 am

Is it possible to incorporate the MVA Stop strategy (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2339) as a trailing stop option inside this strategy.
sho-me-pips

Postby sho-me-pips » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

New version is still opening mulitple orders.
sho-me-pips

Postby wizardpro » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi , Great product.
Excellent product with auto trade what more can I ask .
Just to explain some of the parameter setting such as
Allow Strategy to trade Yes ? = Does does mean it can be done automatically trading without Stragery Trader just using FXCM Trading statioon Sound Great.

Set Limitd Order ?? == Was that refering to number of trade or number of pip such as Take profit.
Limited Order in pips?? == No idea Take Profit Pip I assume
Set Stop Order?? = Stop loss no of trade.
Stop order in piprs? = setting stop loss in pip
Trailing stop order? = Can this be adjust such as 15pip trailing or etc? FXCM come with new technology dynamic instead of the old design trailing ?
Thank once again Great work once again.
wizardpro

Postby wizardpro » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:25 am

HI ,
It would be good to add on email alert in the subject such as what prices to entry,stop loss and take profile and close with other emails alert.
Improve features such as
1) Emails notiications opening and closing
2) Enter Stop loss and Take Profit
30Enable Dynamic and Fixed Trailing
wizardpro

Postby olgasgs » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 am

Thank you for using our products!

wizardpro wrote:Allow Strategy to trade Yes ? = Does does mean it can be done automatically trading without Stragery Trader just using FXCM Trading statioon Sound Great.

Yes.

wizardpro wrote:Set Limitd Order ?? == Was that refering to number of trade or number of pip such as Take profit.

This property defines whether the strategy will create Limit (Take Profit) orders for positions opened by this strategy. If the value of this property is "Yes", the strategy will create Limit orders at the price specified in the "Limit Order in pips" property.

wizardpro wrote:Limited Order in pips?? == No idea Take Profit Pip I assume

The property defines the price of Limit (Take Profit) orders in pips.

wizardpro wrote:Set Stop Order?? = Stop loss no of trade.

This property defines whether the strategy will create Stop (Stop Loss) orders for positions opened by this strategy. If the value of this property is "Yes", the strategy will create Stop orders at the
price specified in the "Stop Order in pips" property.

wizardpro wrote:Stop order in piprs? = setting stop loss in pip

The property defines the price of Stop (Stop Loss) orders in pips.

wizardpro wrote:Trailing stop order? = Can this be adjust such as 15pip trailing or etc?

In this version of the strategy, Stop orders can be created only in the dynamic trailing mode. But it's possible to modify the strategy code to provide the ability to set the trailing step of orders.
Do you need the modified strategy?

wizardpro wrote:FXCM come with new technology dynamic instead of the old design trailing ?

Actually, now FXCM supports both dynamic and fixed modes of trailing stops. But in some systems only one of the trailing modes is available. It depends on the server settings.
olgasgs

Postby wizardpro » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:43 am

Hi
Can somone explain how to use the parameter such as I can see 3 time frames in each MA.
I though just set my perfer MA in what time frames and the rest are default parameter MA time frames.
I do not understand your parameter how t o use it .
Thank
wizardpro

Postby wizardpro » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi,
For example I pefer to trade in the MA base on H4 time frames.
Prices Parameter udner time frames 4 hours
MVA Parameter for trading Singal time fram 4 hours
MVA Parameter for trend 4 hours
I failes to understand why there are 3 time frames, please kindly explain on the parameter as usually what I did was open a H4 chart and insert 2 MA and trade when cross just as simple as that but i failes to understand your parameter is refering too ?
wizardpro

Postby sho-me-pips » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Strategy (on AUD/JPY pair) seems to have a bug that occurs when using the 15 min price parameter and 2 hour MVA trade parameter.

If strategy needs to open or close position on the two hour mark, it doesn't. I haven't noticed any other pairs this happens to. I have not noticed or had any other problems.
sho-me-pips

Next

Return to Custom Strategies