Waddah Attar Explosion strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Waddah Attar Explosion strategy

Postby NID007 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:30 am

Apprentice wrote:To Nid007
I do not have this information.
I would have to review each individual strategy.

Hi apprentice ,thanks for your response .

Can you please answer the following ;

Ive tried the WAE indicator itself on a tick chart it works vey well ,why does'nt the strategy launch trades based on that ?
If its the case its not supported can you build it to be supported, and use Tick data .

Also can you get the RLW strategy to work on Tick Chart (tick data) that would be most appreciated
thanks
Nid007
NID007

Re: Waddah Attar Explosion strategy on tick?

Postby NID007 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Hello Sunshine

I ve seen that you have successfully modified strategies i.e. RLW , MA Cross etc ,to work on a tick chart , my best and favourite strategy is the Waddah Attah Explosion strategy ,which i would like to see it working on a tick data, the indicator file works and looks great on a tick chart ,please can we ammend it ti work on a tick ,many thanks for your help
Nid007

Strategy file here
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3601&hilit=waddah

Indicator here ,need to install to work strategy
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1011
NID007

Postby sunshine » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:32 am

Hi NID007,

Please find the tick version of the indicator and strategy in the attachment.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Download strategy:
Waddah Attar Explosion Strategy Tick.lua
(19.17 KiB) Downloaded 1249 times

Download indicator:
Waddah_Attar_Explosion_Tick.lua
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 1244 times
sunshine

Postby NID007 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks very much Sunshine ,you have done a great job ,you are truely an excellent at what you do ,I will test out the new files now,

Thanks,
Nid007
NID007

Postby NID007 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Hello Sunshine ,

I have been testing the WAE out on tick and it launches trades frequently.

I have also tested the non tick WAE file by Apprentice again out on a 1 min frame and what I have found is that the point of entry when it trades long or short is 2 bars to late getting in , or enters trades 2 candles too late ,so sometimes cant clear the spread and gain 1-2 pips, misses the trade all together, it would be good if it launches a trade on the tick up of the explosion line or the immediate trend bar after the explosion upwards happenes.

Is this possible to adjust the setting or recode slightly please advise as this EA would work much better. please try it on the non tick WAE Stratagy file first ,so I can test it on a 1min frame ,5 frame etc .

thanks again Sunshine for you hard efforts

NId007
NID007

Postby NID007 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Hello again Sunshine

Just another addition to my last message , thought I would send you the trading rules for the Waddah Attah Explosion strategy (non tick strategy version for now please ) if you could check it is coded to trade these rules and if not please code it correctly ,that would be great ,

thank you

Reference the indicator to see my explaination below.

BUY ENTRY RULES:
when green BAR goes up and yellow line(explosionline) goes up and green BAR is higher than yellow line and all is higher than the dead zone line. BUY

BUY EXIT RULES
1.when green bar is below yellow line(explosionline) no matter the order is in profit or loss.

SELL ENTRY RULES
when red BAR goes up and yellow line(explosionline) goes up and red BAR is higher than yellow line and all is higher than the dead zone line. SELL

SELL EXIT RULES
1.when red bar is below yellow line(explosionline) no matter the order is in profit or loss.

General Exit rules:
1.TakeProfit
2.StopLoss

OTHER REQUESTS:
1.TRADE TIME SETS(GMT) FROM 6:00 TO 18:00
NID007

Postby sunshine » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:51 am

Hi,
    As I see, Apprentice's strategy trades by the following conditions.

BUY condition

The following conditions should met to enter LONG and exit SHORT:
    1. Current bar of Waddah Attar's Explosion Oscillator is green
    2. green bar > explosion
    3. green bar, explosion > DeadZone
    4. explosion line goes up (compared with the value in the previous period. That is the following condition is met: "explosion(cur.period) > explosion(prev.period)")
    5. green bar goes up (compared with the value which was 2 periods ago. That is the following condition is met: "Waddah bar(cur.period) > Waddah bar (cur.period-2)")
    6. Prev. signal is not "BUY"
    7. TrendPower >= TrendPower(default), where:
      TrendPower(default) is the value of the strategy parameter "Trend Power" ("15" by default)
      TrendPower = 100 * (Waddah bar(curr.period) - Waddah bar(curr.period-2))/Waddah bar(curr.period)
    8. ExplosionPower >= ExplosionPower(default), where:
      ExplosionPower(default) is the value of the strategy parameter "Explosion Power" ("15" by default)
      ExplosionPower = 100 * (explosion(curr.period) - explosion(curr.period-1))/explosion(curr.period)

SELL condition

The following conditions should met to enter SHORT and exit LONG:
    1. Current bar of Waddah Attar's Explosion Oscillator is red
    2. red bar > explosion
    3. red bar, explosion > DeadZone
    4. explosion line goes up (compared with the value in the previous period. That is the following condition is met: "explosion(cur.period) > explosion(prev.period)")
    5. red bar goes up (compared with the value which was 2 periods ago. That is the following condition is met: "Waddah bar(cur.period) > Waddah bar (cur.period-2)")
    6. Prev. signal is not "SELL"
    7. TrendPower >= TrendPower(default), where:
      TrendPower(default) is the value of the strategy parameter "Trend Power" ("15" by default)
      TrendPower = 100 * (Waddah bar(curr.period) - Waddah bar(curr.period-2))/Waddah bar(curr.period)
    8. ExplosionPower >= ExplosionPower(default), where:
      ExplosionPower(default) is the value of the strategy parameter "Explosion Power" ("15" by default)
      ExplosionPower = 100 * (explosion(curr.period) - explosion(curr.period-1))/explosion(curr.period)

If I understand you correctly, the conditions for exiting Long/Short should be modified.
    Do you want to modify conditions for entering Long/Short as well?
    sunshine

Postby NID007 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:22 am

Hello Sunshine

Yes please, if we can modify the enter long and short ,and the exit long and short it would work much better ,because it enters the trade 2 bars too late and the exit strategy doesnt work at all ,so many thanks for your speedy reply and help on this matter .
    To be clear ,I am referring to the WAE strategy lua file that works on a, 1 min frame, 5min ,15min etc .I also emailed you the rules with a diagam ,any further quetions please ask ,
    thank you for your time Sunshine ,
    much appreciated ,
    Nid007
    NID007

Postby sunshine » Wed May 04, 2011 6:15 am

The new version of the Waddah Attar Explosion strategy. In accordance with NID007 request:

BUY ENTRY RULES:
    when green BAR goes up and yellow line(explosionline) goes up and green BAR is higher than yellow line and all is higher than the dead zone line. BUY

BUY EXIT RULES
    1.when green bar is below yellow line(explosionline) no matter the order is in profit or loss.

SELL ENTRY RULES
    when red BAR goes up and yellow line(explosionline) goes up and red BAR is higher than yellow line and all is higher than the dead zone line. SELL

SELL EXIT RULES
    1.when red bar is below yellow line(explosionline) no matter the order is in profit or loss.
    Attachments
    Waddah Attar Explosion Strategy.lua
    (18.58 KiB) Downloaded 1230 times
    sunshine

Postby NID007 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:12 am

Thank you very much ,Sunshine
    you have done another great job highly apprecaited ,it works well and on a 30 min frame is best

Kind regards
    Nid007
    NID007

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies