How to Download and Install a Custom Signal/Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: How to Download and Install a Custom Signal/Strategy

Postby cmpblsmith » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:04 am

Hi, I am currently running several strategies but they are not trading as they should. Some pairs have placed trades while most have not. Trading Station is running trading is allowed. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to make it more reliable. I was looking at changing the lua setting to just in time or other but I am not really sure what this means. If anyone is able to help or has any answers could you please let me know.

Thank you,
Campbell
cmpblsmith

Postby GBitaly » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:55 am

I have a problem to test some strategies
When I goes in "Backtest" or "Optimize" a strategy that I wan't to use (for ex. MA slope oscilator strategy) have automatically : "Account to trade on" TESTACCT and disappear the parameter Allow to trade
When I go in "new strategy or alert" appears "Allow strategy to trade " and in "Account to trade on" there is my number of account
Can you tell me why ???

thanks in advance
Guido
GBitaly

Postby Apprentice » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:08 am

If u use Test Account.
Allow strategy to trade is by default set to yes.
Also in this mode, u can not select any account number, and you use a simulated account.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

MA_Advisor Out of The Box - Bactest yes, on Demo account No

Postby AuthenticTrader » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:19 am

Backtesting Ma_Advisor works fine - 42 trades placed

Running same strategy, with same settings, account enabled for trading, no trades are triggered. Account number is correct, trading is enabled. On one chart indicators were all inserted, on another there weren't. Made no difference.

What am I a missing? ( Besides the 280 pips that I should have got when the cross triggered at 0500 this morning while I slept ! EUR/AUD ) :o

Using Marketscope 2.0

Thank you,

Kevin
AuthenticTrader

Postby AuthenticTrader » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:37 am

Update to my previous post(not yet approved) about strategy not executing. I changed the Timeframe setting to m1, just to see if It could trigger a sell signal.

It did on the EUR/AUD, BUT, it triggered it BEFORE the cross happened -= about 2 pips before. Price setting was set to BID. I also have it set like this on the GBP/AUD, and no order was triggered.

Thank you,

Kevin
AuthenticTrader

Postby p_maltsev » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:24 am

Hi AuthenticTrader,

I have answered you in this thread
p_maltsev

Postby a10games » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for.
a10games

Previous

Return to Custom Strategies