Breakout Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Breakout Strategy

Postby mfoste1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:12 am

could someone please see why this will not set stops/limits when a position is opened? US accounts now allow stops and limits.

also a trend filter would perfect this ;)
mfoste1

Postby chinnoman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:17 am

I am also still waiting on a response as to why this strategy will not set stops and limits automatically when a trade is entered.
chinnoman

Postby mfoste1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:03 pm

yea chinno, i dunno why no one is interested in fixing this algo so it sets stops and limits and has a trend filter :( ive been all through this site and tested every single strategy and indicator and I can honestly say this is by FAR the most profitable algo or indi on this site. Why no one would want to fix this is beyond me....ah such a shame. Ive tried to fix it three times but to no avail because im not that familiar with the language, and Im at work for most of the day so I dont really have much free time to mess around with the code. I think a decent programmer could fix this in less than 20 min though.
mfoste1

Postby sunshine » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:00 am

Please find the version with support of Stop/Limit for US-based accounts in the attachment.
I've just tested it on the history, not on real market. So please let me know if any issues appear.
Attachments
Breakout_Strategy_Stop_Limit.lua
(12.02 KiB) Downloaded 1842 times
Last edited by sunshine on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "Allowed side" parameter (Both/Sell/Buy) was added
sunshine

Postby chinnoman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks Sunshine. I will let you know.
chinnoman

Postby chinnoman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Sunshine, the strategy works ok, stops and limits are set automatically when the order is triggered.
Thanks again.

Chinnoman
chinnoman

Postby mfoste1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 am

excellent finished product! Id like to thank all that put hard work into this, it is most graciously appreciated :D
mfoste1

Postby mfoste1 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:36 am

sorry 2 more things that I forgot for this strategy , i promise :D . In trending markets, where you will hold trades due to interest rate arbitrage(carry trades), it would greatly increase profits if an "allow multiple positions in the same direction" parameter was added to this. Also if a stage type trailing stops could be added, where if a trade gets to X amount of profit the stop will be moved to breakeven. This would be very very helpful to reduce risk and appreciated as always :)
mfoste1

Postby mfoste1 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:54 pm

mfoste1 wrote:sorry 2 more things that I forgot for this strategy , i promise :D . In trending markets, where you will hold trades due to interest rate arbitrage(carry trades), it would greatly increase profits if an "allow multiple positions in the same direction" parameter was added to this. Also if a stage type trailing stops could be added, where if a trade gets to X amount of profit the stop will be moved to breakeven. This would be very very helpful to reduce risk and appreciated as always :)

just wondering if anyone has tried to add these options yet :D ? I did some backtesting and optimization with this strategy over the past 2 weeks and it seems that if an "allow multiple positions in the same direction" and "stage trailing stop" option parameters were added it would eliminate many intraday losing trades and allow for a larger positions to be built over time for traders who hold positions overnight.
mfoste1

Postby RJH501 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 am

First let me say that this is an interesting and helpfull strategy - thank you for your work!

While working with the parameters I noticed that the parameter that allows you to set a single breakout Yes or No doesn't seem to work. Either setting allows multiple trade indications in a day.

Am I setting something incorrectly or is there an issue?

Regards and thank you!

RJH
Attachments
BREAKOUT MULTIPLE TRADES PER DAY.PNG
RJH501

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies