What's New in Indicore SDK 3.0?
The Release Status
This version of Indicore SDK is deprecated.
See Indicore SDK.
The Latest Release
The current latest release of the SDK 3.0 is January 13 , 2015 release. See What's New in Indicore SDK 3.0.1
What's New In SDK 3.0?
Indicore SDK 3 is the next major release of Indicore. There are a lot of internal improvements and optimizations in the first version of SDK 3.0. Though, these changes are hidden from a user. There are a few changes in API. For example, the ability to trade from indicators is added. Also, the editor/debugging application from Indicore SDK has been completely redesigned. It now provides all significant Integrated Development Environment (IDE) features. Compatibility with a few indicators/strategies that were developed using Indicore SDK 2 may be broken.
- The package format has been changed.
- Packages are intended to deliver indicators/strategies with all dependencies and all required additional files to users.
- The package is not a set of separate indicators/strategies now, but a single file that is added to the Trading Station. The package may be removed from the Trading Station only as a whole piece.
- In the package you can set visibility for each its indicator/strategy. This allows realizing two scenarios of how packages may be used:
- The package contains a public indicator/strategy that can be used by a user. It also contains a set of private indicators that are used for the functioning of the public indicator/strategy. These indicators are not shown to the user.
- The package contains a set of public indicators/strategies logically associated with each other. The user can use them in TS for free.
- Additional files such as graphic and sound files may be stored in the package. These files may be accessed from the strategy/indicator.
- It is no longer necessary to launch a separate Package Maker Utility application to create packages. It may be done directly from the SDK of editor/debugger application.
- Indicators/strategies in the package can be stored in compiled format. That means that their code is hidden from the user.
User Interface Improvements
- Applications of editing strategies/indicators and debugging are integrated to a single application.
- All operations such as code development, debugging, and packages creation may be done in the single application.
- The user Interface of the application has been completely redesigned.
- A Project tree view has been added. It shows all files of the opened project in its folders.
- Project files may be situated in random folders.
- A project may contain any files - indicators/strategies, common helpers, string resources, images, sound files etc.
- An ability to open several files at once.
- Syntax Error Highlighter has been implemented.
- Intelligent code completion has been implemented. This feature speeds up the process of coding indicators and strategies by reducing typos and other common mistakes.
- An ability to debug the internal indicator code used by a strategy.
In Indicore SDK 3.0 we are trying to preserve the backward compatibility with indicators and strategies that were written for Indicore SDK 2. However, some indicators/strategies may no longer work and some changes are required to ensure compatibility. The lack of compatibility may be caused by the changes in API and also the incorrect code of indicators/strategies.
- Strategy Optimizer is not supported in SDK now. If you want to optimize your strategy you can use Optimizer in Marketscope 2.0.
- The ability to use prices CSV files while debugging/backtesting is removed. Now all prices are received using Quotes Manager.
- The table 'terminal' can be used form indicators (Support of Trading and Alerts from indicators)
- Support of autobuffer is deleted
- Reference sources are deleted
- core.drawLine - Optional color is added
- Functions createFont, loadPicture and loadIcon now return boolean
- Before, the section was called indicator_instance in the help. Now, used for nested indicators.
- Before, the section was called instance (indicator) in the help.
- Functions also can be used form indicators.
- New table for the working in the FFI condition is added (only in LuaJIT).
- It inherits properties and methods from tick_stream. During resorting to as with tick-stream bar close price is used.
- Before, the section was called output_stream in the help. It inherits properties and methods from new output_stream.
- сolor (it replaces colorI)
- New table. It is used for nested indicators.
- Before, the section was called text_output in the help.
- New table. It is used for nested indicators.
This Article in Other Languages
|Language:||English • Español|