J Chart

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

J Chart

Postby musicbased » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:58 am

Hello, is anyone familiar with J Chart trading software made by john chen. Looks like it was a thing around 10 years ago. I just finished reading the book and I would like to try and recreate it within marketscope somehow as i don't think the original software is available anymore..

It looks fairly similar to market profile in a way, but it is less restrained by specific time periods. Sort of like a series of flexible composites to find equilibrium and look for a break from there. Has anyone heard of it or be able to help?

I do have a really good market profile by robocod which has a jchart option, but maybe needs tweaking slightly to make more flexible in terms of j Chart..
musicbased

Re: J Chart

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:26 am

Can you post here everything you know about J Chart?
Make sure to provide links to the source.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby musicbased » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:33 am

Hello thanks for the reply.
Apart from the book there really isn’t much to go on in terms of the software. There is lots of images and explanations in this thread:

https://futures.io/trading-journals/153 ... os-28.html

I can replicate it using flexible market/volume profiles set to bar chart, and my current indicator creates the triangle which is great. I guess the ability to drag the start and end points of the profile would be good,to make it easier to find the equilibrium points with a vertical line to show the start and end, as would an option to create bigger triangles based on 2 defined points (a starting point and balance point).at the moment I’m just using a 100% fib extension as a workaround.

It also uses some sort of Chinese character that represent 5 ticks rather than a bar chart,but I don’t think that matters too much. But it does show the start price as yellow and the current price as a different colour which is good because without that you still need a line chart or candles behind it.

It might be be too complicated, I can sort of do it with what I have but not quite as easily probably!
musicbased

Postby Apprentice » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:11 am

Thank you.
What is J-Chart logic?
Apprentice

Postby musicbased » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:27 am

Did you see my previous reply with the link to the pictures and explanation? It seems to have disappeared for some reason?
musicbased

Postby Apprentice » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:50 am

Can you re-post?
Apprentice

Postby musicbased » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:11 am

Apprentice wrote:Can you re-post?

Ok it’s back, it takes a long time for posts to be approved!

Basically the logic is finding equilibrium by combining profiles and predicting future price movement (image point) based on a symmetrical triangle formed by the origin point and balance point (point of control) of the combined profiles.
Hopefully the posts in the link will make it more clear, it’s all explained in the book but obviously I can’t put that here. Does it make any sense?

I have kind of got a workable setup with my existing profile indicator but would be nice to have something a bit more flexible especially a profile that could be dragged around to find the best points. At the moment I have to manually set the start and end points for each profile to find the equilibrium. Have you seen ‘trader dale’ volume profile? That would be ideal if combined with the triangle to show origin point, balance point and image point.
musicbased

Postby Apprentice » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:59 am

My version has POC.
Apprentice

Postby musicbased » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:58 am

Hello, thank you. Would it be possible to request a 100% fibonnaci tool, that has the (blue) line in the picture added to form a triangle?
Attachments
FIB REQUEST.png
musicbased

Return to General Discussions