MarketScope suggestions

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Re: MarketScope suggestions

Postby PipGrabber » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:55 pm

peternz wrote:Tick based candlesticks

I would very much like to see candlestick charts based on ticks ie 200 tick period for the candlestick selectable to whatever you chose to set it.

The reason for this is because moving averages recover quicker from parabolic swings. Currently the relationship between price and moving average is disrupted by large fast moves until that move is dropped off the back end of the average calculation (often visible as a kink in the MA). For example a 100pip move in one candle on a 15min chart will immediately disrupt the normal cyclic relationship often used as a trading pattern and you have to wait until normal behavior resumes.

With a 20tick chart for example this is minimized because at the end of every 20 ticks a new candle forms spreading out the move over the averaged period and allowing the MA to both track the move (giving earlier crossovers) and also recover much quicker. Of course you have to get used to the fact that the speed of candle formation is now variable which is also a useful indicator of activity.

I hope this makes sense.

Peter NZ

yeah, nice idea. always wanted that feature too. where we can choose our own candlestick timeframe (not limited to only 1m,5m,15m...) though my idea is based in seconds.. yours go beyond that to ticks.. :mrgreen:
PipGrabber

Postby mfoste1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 pm

It would be nice to have the option in chart view where you can select the color of candle borders and wicks
mfoste1

Postby sunshine » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:56 am

Hi mfoste1,

Thanks for your suggestion. It has already been included in our "wish list". I hope the option will be implemented in one of the next releases.
sunshine

Postby PipGrabber » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Hello!

I've downloaded the new update of fxts II. Though I find the new backtesting great as no need to go to the debugger to get those results. But it would have been nice if the old backtesting be still live on the marketscope chart. And not on a separate backtesting window where its all history and not live. We want to see our backtesting trade live as the price moves. Now, kinda blind when no signals seen on the live marketscope chart. Hope fxcm can still retain the old backtesting on live charts and have that new backtesting too. ;)
PipGrabber

Postby sunshine » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 am

Hi PipGrabber,

Thanks for your post. I'll pass your suggestion along to the Marketscope development team.
Whenever you have anything to share with us you are more than welcome to post it on the forum.
sunshine

Postby PipGrabber » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:27 am

sunshine wrote:Hi PipGrabber,

Thanks for your post. I'll pass your suggestion along to the Marketscope development team.
Whenever you have anything to share with us you are more than welcome to post it on the forum.

Hi Sunshine,

Your welcome! Thanks!

I found an old copy of backtest.lua. I did load it as an indicator. Hoping that I can bring back the old backtest. But sadly an error occured. Some dll files and sorts are missing on the new update. I guess, it was totally removed from the update.

Why I prefer the old backtesting coz I can simultaneously run different strategies and can immediately gauge each strategies performance based on the equity of each strategy. And the real time signals it generate on live chart serves as my signal too. But with the new backtesting. One strategy at a time. More like offline backtesting. That's only good during weekends. When you evaluate your strategy. Hoping they can make a last minute run to include it before the official update this 20th. Thanks ;)
PipGrabber

Postby Hybrid » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:16 am

Hi,

We were able to see the limit in pips when pointing the mouse cursor to the limit line on the chart. With the new version of TS this feature is missing. It was very convinient.
Could we please have it back.

Thank you.
Hybrid

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:19 am

Hybrid wrote:We were able to see the limit in pips when pointing the mouse cursor to the limit line on the chart. With the new version of TS this feature is missing. It was very convinient.
Could we please have it back.

Hi,

We removed this feature because of display issues that existed for some accounts.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you, and I will pass along your feedback to see if we can bring that feature back in future versions.
sunshine

Postby alpha_bravo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Something that recorded price action so that we could replay it later would be excellent, i.e. record the ticks onto my hard drive and have a replay button in market scope so that i could watch the price action again, tick for tick, instead of looking at a static chart. That could be a big selling point for FXCM from a commercial point of view, no one else offers it other than ninja trader, and thats a real pain to use.
alpha_bravo

Postby pacer_ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm

sunshine wrote:For now it is possible to use a strategy which closes all trades when equity balance reaches a certain value.

How is this equity stop possible?
pacer_

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions