MarketScope suggestions

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

MarketScope suggestions

Postby jagui_fx » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:12 pm

I've got some suggestions to improve MarketScope.

1) Chart zoom. The charts don't remember the zoom level. When I open the Trading Station, charts will open with the default zoom. When I change symbol or timeframe, charts will turn to the default zoom. Every time (and again and again...) I have to set the zoom level of each chart to my preference. I think charts should remember their zoom level.

2) Chart scaling. The scaling of the y-axis should be done on price bars only, and not on every indicator. Example: If I put a 200 or more bars EMA, this can be very far from current price, causing the y-axis to scale too much to display the EMA, but this is unnecessary. When scaling and auto-scaling the y-axis, only price values should be taken into account by the scaling alghoritm. At least there should be an option to scale on price values only.

3) Bars. Price bars and candles should paint on top of existing indicators, otherwise it is very easy to cover the bars with indicators and don't see them anymore.
jagui_fx
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: MarketScope suggestions

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 am

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll include them into the feature list to be discussed with FXCM.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Apprentice » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 am

I have a few suggestions how you can improve MarketScope platform

1. Save the contents of the screen in the PNG format.
As a blogger I often save the contents of the screen, using the "Print Screen" function.

2. Price by Volume Chart (Based on the Volume)
3. Point and figure Chart

4. Combining of Fibonacci retracements and Fibonacci Time tools in a new single tool.

5. Use of templates, defined collections of tools for analysis
(As on the MT4 platform)

6. Together with or instead of, the drop-down menu with time frame changes, add 3 adjustable buttons, for One click selection of time period.

7. Auto Elliott wave notation.

If I must choose one, it would be 1.

Apart from these minor changes, I indicated a few suggestions about possible improvements in the future

A. Pattern Recognition
B. Back Testing
C. Auto (Robot) Trading
Apprentice

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Apprentice wrote:I have a few suggestions how you can improve MarketScope platform

Thank you for your ideas.

Apprentice wrote:1. Save the contents of the screen in the PNG format.
As a blogger I often save the contents of the screen, using the "Print Screen" function.

Already done, will be released in the next release.

Apprentice wrote:2. Price by Volume Chart (Based on the Volume)

I'm still discussing the volume source with FXCM. I hope we will find an appropriate solution soon.

Apprentice wrote:3. Point and figure Chart

In the development, will be released in the after next version.

Apprentice wrote:4. Combining of Fibonacci retracements and Fibonacci Time tools in a new single tool.

Could you please specify this more exact or point to an example of such implementation?

Apprentice wrote:5. Use of templates, defined collections of tools for analysis
(As on the MT4 platform)

This is already implemented, but the management of the templates is file-based and is... pretty bad. I have written specs for more user-friendly management and will push the implementation.

Apprentice wrote:6. Together with or instead of, the drop-down menu with time frame changes, add 3 adjustable buttons, for One click selection of time period.

A good idea. I'll kick my UI designers.

Apprentice wrote:7. Auto Elliott wave notation.

A good idea, must thing about...

Apprentice wrote:A. Pattern Recognition

Hm... please write me at nikolay.gekht(at)gehtsoftusa(dot)com. It looks like we have something to discuss.

Apprentice wrote:B. Back Testing
C. Auto (Robot) Trading

In the current release we will make the first step, so called signals. This is the castrated strategy, which cannot trade yet, but can signal. These signals have access to everything, including prices, indicators, account information, trade information. In the next step we will extend it for an ability to trade.

The backtesting is... a sickly moment. It's easy to provide the basic backtesting ability as, for example, MCFX does. In that case backtesting works only while the strategy uses only one instrument, in one time frame and only the simplest trading operations such as sell or buy. I'm not sure whether such backtesting is really useful. It looks like we have to provide the full market simulation, which could become a serious task. So, I'm still thinking...
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby jagui_fx » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Nikolay.Gekht wrote:The backtesting is... a sickly moment. It's easy to provide the basic backtesting ability as, for example, MCFX does. In that case backtesting works only while the strategy uses only one instrument, in one time frame and only the simplest trading operations such as sell or buy. I'm not sure whether such backtesting is really useful. It looks like we have to provide the full market simulation, which could become a serious task. So, I'm still thinking...

I agree... seriuos backtesting is done on specialized platforms. The time and effort required to add a good backtesting engine into market scope is not worth, it will subtract energies to more needed feautures.
jagui_fx

Postby jagui_fx » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 pm

I discovered a little problem in "Autoscale Chart Vertically" option.
When active, after several new candles have formed, it will correctly scale out the y-axis when the displayed price range extends.
But when the range narrows, the chart fails to scale in the y-axis.
jagui_fx

Postby Apprentice » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Explanation of the 4th proposal

Both tools, separated, existe, on your, our platform.
I Suggest their integration into a new tool to get Price in Time perspective.
(I do not suggest removal of existing tools).

Equivolume
I have another idea, Equivolume,
but as a range of indicators is based on Volume (OBV, MFI, PVO...).
Description for Equivolume you can find on my blog, written in Croatian, I have a translator.
http://themarketcycle.blogspot.com/2009/09/equivolume.html

I placed it on the list, so you can develop a specific form of candles, when I really put a request. :)
Attachments
2csiich.jpg
Equivolume
Apprentice

Postby miocker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:57 pm

jagui_fx wrote:I discovered a little problem in "Autoscale Chart Vertically" option.

Thanks! I'll provide this problem to the Marketscope team. Autoscale behavior will be slightly improved in the upcoming Marketscope release, so I hope it will solve this problem also.
miocker

Postby Mandrake » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:51 am

Hello everyone,

has anyone translated the " Supertrend " for Marketscope ?

Thanks.
Mandrake

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:42 am

Mandrake wrote:has anyone translated the " Supertrend " for Marketscope ?

Not yet. If you would be so kind, to provide a link to the requested indicator, it will hasten the porting significantly. :-)
Nikolay.Gekht

Next

Return to General Discussions