History database

All posts which do not fit into any other sections of the forum.

Moderator: admin

Re: History database

Postby Cactus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:52 am

That's amazing. Can this also work for retrieving indicator data? Such as in "table view" when exported to excel if you have an indicator applied. Can you add indicators with their settings to be put and calculated and exported on the same historical data using this command line or something?
Never chase the money, let the money come to me
Cactus
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Cactus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:13 pm

What must I do to fix this error?

Code: Select all
19915;DAS 19915: ZDas Exception
ORA-20003: Access denied
ORA-06512: at "G10R1.API", line 443
ORA-06512: at line 1

Is this because of a Mini account?

Also, is demo connection data exactly the same as real?
Cactus

Postby Cactus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Also, why is bid price same as ask price sometimes, is this possible for there to be no difference at all? for example:
GBP/CAD
D1

01/01/2007 22:00:00
BidOpen and AskOpen both 2.2831
BidHigh and AskHigh both 2.3007
BidLow and AskLow both 2.283
BidClose and AskClose both 2.2989

??

This continues to 25/01/2007 22:00:00

So every OHLC on D1 candles from 01/01/2007 to 25/01/2007 was exactly the same for bid and ask?

From 28/01/2007 22:00 onward every price of OHLC for bid and ask is different (Ask is always higher, as expected)
Cactus

Postby Cactus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:28 pm

In regards to that error, I have contacted FXCM to uplift restriction to allow my account to connect to ForexConnectAPI-1.4.1 and now it work with the live account
Cactus

Postby Alexey.Pechurin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:38 am

Hello,

That's amazing. Can this also work for retrieving indicator data? Such as in "table view" when exported to excel if you have an indicator applied. Can you add indicators with their settings to be put and calculated and exported on the same historical data using this command line or something?

It's more difficult than just dowloading history data and requires more work. But probably sometimes we will create such example.

Alexey
Alexey.Pechurin

Postby Alexey.Pechurin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:40 am

Also, why is bid price same as ask price sometimes, is this possible for there to be no difference at all?

I guess sometimes it's quite possible. Do you see the same prices in Marketscope at this period?
Alexey.Pechurin

Postby Bebbspoke » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:30 am

Hi Cactus; -

Can this also work for retrieving indicator data? Such as in "table view" when exported to excel if you have an indicator applied. Can you add indicators with their settings?

I would strongly recommend that you procure your own indicators from the historic OHLC A&B data...
To the best of my knowledge ALL indicators may be mathematically derived from such data,
there is no "magic" embedded within any indicator...

Indicators..? graphics..?? - does it not concern you that at times TS2 displays some indicators in Advance of real time???

Seriously - do the maths "in house" - obviously ensure to use ONLY Open pricings; that way there can be no argument as to the real time values. HTH,

Cheers, Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Cactus » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 am

Alexey.Pechurin wrote:Hello,

It's more difficult than just dowloading history data and requires more work. But probably sometimes we will create such example.

Alexey

I appreciate your efforts

Alexey.Pechurin wrote:
Also, why is bid price same as ask price sometimes, is this possible for there to be no difference at all?

I guess sometimes it's quite possible. Do you see the same prices in Marketscope at this period?

I wish I could check this but my charts are GMT zone and the historical data is UTC so candles would look different...
Cactus

Postby Bebbspoke » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:51 am

To all users of the GetHistPricesGUI downloaders; -

Please be aware that data SEQUENCING of the downloads is INCONSISTENT to the data sequencing as may be acquired from the Marketscope data download app!

Thank you,
Bebbspoke
Bebbspoke
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Cactus » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Bebbspoke wrote:Hi Cactus; -

Can this also work for retrieving indicator data? Such as in "table view" when exported to excel if you have an indicator applied. Can you add indicators with their settings?

I would strongly recommend that you procure your own indicators from the historic OHLC A&B data...
To the best of my knowledge ALL indicators may be mathematically derived from such data,
there is no "magic" embedded within any indicator...

Indicators..? graphics..?? - does it not concern you that at times TS2 displays some indicators in Advance of real time???

Seriously - do the maths "in house" - obviously ensure to use ONLY Open pricings; that way there can be no argument as to the real time values. HTH,

Cheers, Bebbspoke

I am interesting in having ZIGZAG indicator numbers data along the downloaded data. Can this be added to the GUI in the near future? A browse field to import any indicator, that will be calculated and exported with the downloaded data?

How would I reproduce a ZigZag in Excel?
Cactus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions