Heikin Ashi Histogram Mod

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Heikin Ashi Histogram Mod

Postby logicgate » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 am

Hello dear friend Apprentice.

I was hoping you could "fix" this indicator here.

I mean, it does work properly, my problem with it is that, when you choose to display another timeframe on the histogram, unless the market is open and there are live ticks incoming, it won't plot anything, indicator stays blank.

Right now for example (saturday), if you load this indicator on your chart, let's say 5min timeframe, and choose in settings to display the daily on the histogram, it will stay empty.

If you choose to display the current timeframe, it will plot historical data on the histogram, then it works. But there is no advantage in seeing the current timeframe color.

So, If in settings you have any other timeframe other than current, then the indicator keeps waiting for a live tick to come and only then it plots the historical data of that timeframe.

I noticed that if you load another indicator on the chart (after you loaded the histogram), there is a jumpstart effect and then the histogram plots the data. (talking about when market is closed and there are no live ticks coming).

So I Was wondering if you could check the code and perhaps find a way to replicate this, perhaps you can add a toggle key to reset the indicator, let's say "r", then it resets the indicator, forces it to reload the data? Something like that.

Anyways, I hope you can do something to fix that, it is quite annoying when you want to analyze the market on the weekend and you have to keep adding indicators to each chart to force the histogram to reload and show data.

Best regards
Attachments
Smoothed_Heiken_ashi_histogram MTF.mq5
(23.85 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
logicgate
FXCodeBase: Aspirant (Junior)

Re: Heikin Ashi Histogram Mod

Postby Apprentice » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:25 am

We have added your request to the development list.
Development reference 607.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests