Generic Two Indicator Distance Overlay

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Generic Two Indicator Distance Overlay

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:59 am

EURUSD H8 (07-24-2022 1155).png

Based on the request.
https://fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=72546

Find the difference between any two indicators and color the candle one color when the difference exceeds a user-defined threshold and another color when it falls below the threshold.
Generic Two Indicator Distance Overlay.lua
(10.5 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Generic Two Indicator Distance Overlay

Postby Sheera123 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:56 am

Hi Apprentice,

Thanks for creating the indicator. But it doesn't seem to be detecting when the difference is above or below the threshold. See attached pic for an example of what I want it to show. I am assuming, "Candle Color Level" is the threshold value and when I set it higher that 0, all the candles are colored with the same color.

I think you will have to add a 3rd color for when the difference is below the threshold. So the logic would be like this:

Up/Down trend:
1 - If 1st indicator is above 2nd indicator and difference is greater than threshold, color 1.
2 - If 1st indicator is below 2nd indicator and difference is greater than threshold, color 2.

Range:
3 - If 1st indicator is above 2nd indicator and difference is less than threshold, color 3.
4 - If 1st indicator is below 2nd indicator and difference is less than threshold, color 3.

The difference between the 1st and 2nd indicator is measured in pips.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Thanks again,
Shawn H.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Sheera123

Re: Generic Two Indicator Distance Overlay

Postby Sheera123 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:52 am

Works as expected now. Now I just have to play around with it to see which combination of TF and indicators gives the best results.

Thank you very much.

Shawn H.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Sheera123

Return to Custom Indicators