TS/Marketscope 2012-II beta

The beta versions of the Trading Stations and Marketscope

Moderator: admin

Re: TS/Marketscope 2012-II beta

Postby Alexey.Pechurin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:10 am

A question: The 5000 bar limit for tick data... is there any way to increase it? I have some indicators that analyse historic tick data, and this limit makes it awkward. I guess I could load it in chunks, but it would not be ideal.

In the current version it's not possible, but we'll discuss to include this function in the next version.
Alexey.Pechurin

Postby robocod » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 am

Alexey.Pechurin wrote:
A question: The 5000 bar limit for tick data... is there any way to increase it? I have some indicators that analyse historic tick data, and this limit makes it awkward. I guess I could load it in chunks, but it would not be ideal.

In the current version it's not possible, but we'll discuss to include this function in the next version.

OK, I'll look at implementing a workaround for now (loading data in chunks).

I have another question:

I understand that the new version uses a cache for the data (rather than loading the data from the price server each time). Is management of this cached data automatic? What about if there are errors in the cache, e.g. some missing or wrong data was sent - is there a way to clear the cache and reload everything (or selected symbols). I ask, because I have had problems in the past with similar systems, and from time to time there is a need to clear/flush the cache to reload data afresh. Does a mechanism exist?
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Alexey.Pechurin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 am

The management of the local cache is fully automatic. The quotes in the local cache are synchronized with the server side pricearchive quotes if it's necessary. For example, you have EUR/USD quotes for the previous week in the local cache. But they have some wrong data, FXCM fixes the data in the server side pricearchive. Next time you access these data the local QuotesManager determines that they were changed on the server and updates quotes in the local cache. So you always have and see the last synchronized quotes.
Alexey.Pechurin

Postby LeTigre30 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 am

Hi to all,

I've just tried to install the Dev TS2, and have an issue during installation : it requested me a password to install it, so, I've installed the 01.12.031913 from the FXCM website. Unfortunately, we have not a complete list of fixed bugs and improvements from the last release (01.11.nnn) of dec, 2012.

My questions :
1- Is this new release accepts sources from IndicoreSDK 2.1, or is it much better to wait the new release of the IndicoreSDK ?
2- Does this new TS2 release works always with Order2Go ? or if it's better to use ForexConnectAPI, which one class does not function correctly (TradeDeskEventsSink.OnSessionStatusChanged ALWAYS sends NOTHING) when we programm with COM.

Regards,
LeTigre30
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby LeTigre30 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:33 am

Hi to All,

I make a mistake in my last post :
TradeDeskEventsSink.OnSessionStatusChanged is in Order2GO, not in ForexConnectAPI.

Nevertheless, I've always a problem with installation on some old computers, I've posted today to know where I put the topic for bad installation of ForexConnectAPI 32 bits.

Regards,
LeTigre30
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby robocod » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 am

Alexey.Pechurin wrote:Hi, robocod.

I guess we have found the cause of your problem and have fixed it. Could you please try the fixed Dev version? You can download it by this address http://www.fxcodebase.com/bin/beta2012III/FXCM.DevTS2Install.exe. If it's ok this fix will be added to the upcoming release.

Thank you.

Did this fix go live yet? If not, is there a date yet?

Thanks.
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Kingpin » Mon May 06, 2013 11:32 am

The new beta still got the sychronisation problems like the 2013 released final version on fxcm.com/co.uk/de!!!

And it still brings completely different backtesting results than the old (2012 released final) version!!!

Why didn´t it load my safed profiles?!

Sorry, but this is the worst release I´ve ever seen. How could you release such a buggy update (2013 final and new beta)???
Kingpin

Postby sunshine » Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 am

Hi Kingpin ,
It would be great if you could provide the following details:
1) Do you use the latest version of the platform which has been uploaded on FXCM website last Friday? (042313)
2) Could you please tell me which strategy and backtest settings you use? If it is not for public, you can send it to our support email: support (at) gehtsoftusa.com. It would be great if you could also send your backtest project. We need to know, at least, account currency and symbols which you use.
Thanks in advance.
sunshine

Postby Kingpin » Wed May 08, 2013 8:10 am

I use the latest version (01.12.042313). In this update I could safe my profils, but you got a problem with your data feed sync. My EA is sending me an email if it is trading. I´ll comparing the old final 2012 TS II and the latest 2013 final TS II. Sometimes I´m receiving totally different signals between old and new. Some timeframes are similar, some timeframes got over 1 hour delay. I think you´ve got a big problem with your internal data feeds in the 2013 update.

The old final 2012 TS II is so much better because it is working as expected. I´m sorry, but the 2013 version (each one) is the most buggiest update of any software I´ve ever seen. Didn´t you test this before the official release?! The data stream did work correctly in the 2012 final AND 2012 beta II, but not in the final 2013 TS II.

I´m sorry, but I´m really pissed off. This buggy update cost´s me so much money, because it is not working correctly AND I can´t get back on the old WORKING 2012 TS II!!! I´ve tryed to install the old one, but there is a force-update at the beginning. Is there any way to re-install the old 2012 TS II without this force-update?

AND: Today I´m waiting over 4 months for my requested 64bit console optimizer. When I´m asking for a status update I hear "next week", "next week", "next week" everytime since 4 months, but no reliable release date. If you told me that your company could´t get this 64bit console optizimer ready within 4 Months we could have coded our EA for any other Software like Ninjatrader or Metatrader5 easily and it would work and make money.

I´m sorry, but this is a very, very bad support from your company.
Kingpin

Postby davidk » Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

sunshine wrote:From now on, all custom indicators/strategies can be installed by simply double-clicking the downloaded packet. Marketscope supports new file format - packets with .ipkg extension. So I'd recommend you to join all necessary indicators and strategies into one packet by using the 'Installation Package Maker' utility. It is included in the Indicore SDK package. So you will be able to install all files by one click.

I did not see the Package Maker in the SDK. What exactly am I looking for?
Thanks.
davidk

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Versions