waddah attar's volume oscillator

Here you can post and download custom indicators. PLEASE: Do not start topics unless you are posting your own indicator, they will be moved to appropriate section even if you do.

Moderator: admin

Re: waddah attar's volume oscillator

Postby bartwas1 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:57 am

HI Apprentice

Thanks for this oscillator, but it doesn't look like metatrader's version.
The reason I've requested it, because I was interested in smooth version of volume - easy
to read and interpret. So if I have trending market going up, for example, I see red
I am going to be careful, see green I grin, moving my stop or adding new position.
Current version you've developed is... rugged.
Visually it should have bars looking sort of like in marketscope's MACD with histogram coloring
(MACD - With Histogram Coloring.lua) - smooth but have the same colour when above zero line
and different when below it.
Obviously I don't know if it can be codded similarly to mt4, so don't take it wrong way.

Anyway, thank you again and I am going to test it and mold to my purposes. I've already some
ideas. See attachment.

Kind regards
Bart
Attachments
EURUSD m5 (10-07-2022 0948).png
bartwas1
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Apprentice » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:13 am

averages waddah attar's volume oscillator.lua has additional smoothing methods.
Will try to add more methods when I find the time.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby bartwas1 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:34 am

Hi apprentice

That's awesome man - more averages. I got great results after using HMA or Jsmooth, thanks. Though I've a question about two averages: VAMA and HPF. When I try to use VAMA or HPF as a method I receive a message that bar source should be selected for VAMA or HPF depending which average one wants to use.
I've got averages installed and VAMA separately - couldn't find HPF, but to be honest mostly I wanted to see VAMA (volume adjusted moving average).
Any chance for little assistance, please.
bartwas1
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Return to Custom Indicators